Our Evening At Steven and Priscilla's

The rain ended just as we drove up the long dirt road to Stevens house. The clouds were still heavy and gray. Our grass is still green, which is so odd for this time of year in Texas. Steven was outside at the grill BBQing the meat, while Priscilla was inside preparing the rest of the meal. The table was set so pretty, candles lit and the entire house shone with simple beauty.
Melanie, Casi and I took a trip out to see the barn and found lots of spiders. This year I have seen more spiders than ever before. Big ones too.
While we ate, we could hear and see the storm in the distance, but we were too busy laughing and talking to take more than a casual notice.
Uncle Steven got a change to hold Mei-Ling for the first time. We never seem to let him have a chance to hold her as us ladies grab her up first and don't like to share her.
I had fun looking at all the baby things Priscilla has ready for their blessing. Not much longer now till grand-daughter number 2 arrives. I can't wait !
Emery and I are so proud of our children and the work they have done in building good solid families.
Part of Stevens land, good clotheslines !
A young man hard at work doing the BBQ
A big spider in the barn
A beautiful table
Working together in the kitchen
The living room
Uncle Steven finally gets to hold Mei-Ling
Two happy families !

Comments

Marci said…
Great pictures Pat. Their home is beautiful and it looks like they are very happy together.
Sunny said…
OK, everything was fine except the SPIDER! They have a lovely home.
Dawn said…
Wonderful pictures...except of the spider...ewwww...LOL. In a house I use to live in, we were surrounded by woods, and these huge wood spiders (when I say huge, I mean the size of the palm of my hand), would com in the house. I have no idea how they got there, but they were always running around on the wall or ceiling and were very hard to kill cuz they were fast! *shudders*. Lord only knows if any of them crawled on me at night....

I am glad you had a good time!
nancyr said…
Steven and Priscilla have created a lovely, home. It is so nice that you could all be together and share a wonderful family dinner.
Patty said…
We are so proud of the work Steven has done on his house, it was really a mess when he bought it. I love that he has floors just like ours !
Judy said…
Their home does look beautiful! I can't even imagine how nice it must be to have Mei-Ling home. I will continue praying for her, as well as the rest of the family.
2 LMZ FARMS said…
What a lovely home. So comfy and loved looking. The pictures of the all the kids were great. I would like to as you a personal question. Please forgive me if I offend you, could you please explain what kind of prayer kapp she is wearing. I hope I didn't offend you, its just I have seen women wearing them, and I just wondered about them.
Hope you and yours have a good one
Laura
Patty said…
Hi Laura,
The headcovering is Mennonite. Beachy Amish wear this variety of covering and Charity fellowships uses them as well. All three of the local Mennonite fellowships in this area wear this style of covering. No problem in asking, it is a good question.
Tina Leigh said…
What a beautiful home....I know you are happy & proud of them. Glad things are looking up with Mei-ling too. She is such a pretty baby.
Aunt Jenny said…
Wonderful pictures!! I love the land with good clotheslines one as well as the happy folks pictures...and so good to see Mei Ling looking more well!!
You are realy blessed!!
Saska said…
Love the look that she's giving her Uncle Stephen....it's like "you've got me...now what"!

She is growing SO fast!

Popular Posts