Baking Time, Amish Banana Bread

Guests for dinner tonight, special guests. Melanie, Casi and Mei-Ling will be here for our evening meal. A favorite casserole, Zippy Beef and home made coleslaw and for dessert warm from the oven banana bread with a nice glass of cold milk.
What joy for us to have Mei-Ling out of the hospital !
Here is the recipe for
Zippy Beef Casserole....
1 pound Ground beef
4 ounce Uncooked elbow macaroni ( we like egg noddles better)
1 can Cream of mushroom soup,
3/4 cup Milk
⅓ cup Ketchup
½ cup Shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
¼ cup Chopped green pepper
1/4 cup minced onion
1 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Crushed potato chips
Preheat oven to 350.
Cook and stir meat until brown; drain off fat.
Cook macaroni as directed on package;drain.
In un-greased 2 qt. casserole, mix all ingredients, except potato chips.
Cover, bake 40 minutes.
Uncover; sprinkle with crushed potato chips and bake 5 minutes longer. Serves 4-6, I always double the recipe ! It freezes well too, just leave off the potato chips.
Here is the recipe I use for banana bread. I found a huge bag of over ripe banana's at the store yesterday marked to 99 cents for the entire bag. Perfect for banana bread !
Amish Banana Bread
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
5 very ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs, beaten
2-1/4 cups flour
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup chopped nuts (optional) I leave them out.
Directions:
Mix together cream cheese, sugar and butter.
Blend in bananas and eggs.
Add the dry ingredients, mix well . Add in the nuts.
Pour into a greased and floured 9x13-inch loaf pan.
Bake at 350°F for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Let it cool some before you cut it into slices, its awfully hard to wait though, it smells so good

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ooh, that bread looks delicious.
Patty said…
When I told Melanie what I was baking she asked if I could add chocolate chips to it, she loves chocolate in it, but I left them out this time !
Kelly said…
I am so happy to hear that Mei-ling is home--I hope you all had a lovely dinner together! Your family continues in my thoughts.
ann said…
Patty,
That casserole recipe sounds like something my family would just love. I will have to put it on our menu next week. Thanks for posting it.
Praise God that Mei-Ling is home!

Popular Posts