A Journey

No doubt inspired by the gutsy-ness of June Strong in her Little Journey, I have decided it is time for me to take off on my own journey. Mine more of a vision quest, with a desire to yes, "find myself". Love that phrase, so hippy like, so honest but at the same time so general, so self centered sounding, which is at this point, just fine with me. I need a bit of that centered stuff.
I am heading off to the wild blue, just me, myself and I. Back pack, walking stick, hiking boots prepared for the long haul. My favorite hat, complete with a peace symbol and phrases written on it with sharpies. Nothing extra to drag me down.
I need a break from blogging too. It fast becomes a thing of "this is a blogger moment, let me get the camera" or thoughts of doing things for divided reasons, to show and tell on the blog and then somewhere in there, for you or your family. Its not first and foremost thoughts to be shared, but thinking of stuff to share. There is a difference. I don't want there to be. I want to have life unfold naturally and perhaps then share it.
I suspect I will be gone a bit more than a week. Not sure where I will end up and actually at this point where I am going. Just someplace uncluttered by people and things. Walking, sitting, thinking, contemplating and most importantly sitting in silence empty of thought. Deep meditation. I am not afraid. Fear cripples folks and holds them hostage in a world of "what if's". For all I know I could end up camped out on my own land or way out in the wilderness. I just know I need to do this. Its time to get honest with what I believe or don't believe.
See ya in a week or so.....

Comments

nancyr said…
I hope you find what you are seeking, but I think you have the best of what life has to offer right in your back yard.
Grancy
Rurality said…
Good luck, hope you find yourself. :)
Enjoy your time....sometimes moments of silence and time in the sacredness of nature are exactly what we need. After looking at your blog, two books that you might enjoy: "A Year By the Sea" by Joan Anderson (I would especially recommend this one based on today's blog) and "Freedom of Simplicity" by Richard J. Foster.....
Michele said…
I completely understand, especially about blogging..I find myself enjoying the moment first but quickly moving to the must-record-this mentality...

Enjoy your time off, we'll be here when you return.

xoxox
Debra said…
Oh, I love the June Strong book and have often toyed with the idea of getting away (but I'm alone so much that it would seem redundant for me). But I'm excited for you! And I totally understand your paragraph about blogging--I've felt that way so often and many times have taken a few days off to get back the feeling of living my own life 'as unto God' rather than 'as unto the readers of my blog." :) Blessings to you on your own little journey... Debra
Marcie said…
Patty, I hope you find what you are looking for, and I wish you joy in the journey.
Kelly said…
Patty, I think it is a lovely thing to take a journey into yourself and sometimes we need a "little journey" outwardly to put ourselves in the mode inwardly. I wish you peace in your self and peace in what you believe.

Popular Posts