Positive Global Change Award

I was blessed this morning with an honor that I feel humbled by....I was tagged by
Simply Authentic for the Positive Global Change Award. From my little corner of the world, life is pretty good, actually really good and nothing would make me happier than to think I was doing something in a positive way to make the world a better place, even if its just in some simple way.
I have thought about what bloggers I read that strive to make positive changes in the world and my first thought was my dear friend Rondi...over at
http://raastrup.blogspot.com/
This woman makes such an impact on the world by her teaching and simply by being who she is. "It takes a village to raise a child" and she makes certain there is a village around each child.
The second blog I think deserves this award would be
http://holyexperience.blogspot.com/ just the way she takes the ordinary and takes you to a place where we see the sacred in it, that is something that can change the world, change the way we perceive life and value what we have. I haven't been reading this blog for very long, but it has changed me. Something as ordinary as small sleeping heads on pillow cases embroidered with bible verses, is holy. Often times we forget to notice the truly holy experiences and she reminds us to look. In looking at the holy experiences in our lives, we value things more and thus we begin to change how we live.
for number 3 I have chosen
http://eyesofwonder.typepad.com/
This blog reminds me that change in our society, from the rushed, stressed, self centered, me me me life, can be accomplished. It takes me to a place where hope lives, hope for a stepping away from the rat race no one really wants to be a part of but doesn't know how to get away from. Living simply, not living at such a fast pace that concern for the world at large goes ignored. I love this blog for showing that we can step lightly through life and find joy in simplicity. I don't know if we fully understand the positive impact that simple living has on our world.
leaving it at 3 blogs right now to tag, will think of two others later.here are the rules...
Fellow Positive Global Change Award recipients, it’s easy to participate in this meme. At minimum, you can proudly display the BPGC badge
http://climateofourfuture.org/bpgc_award.gif
on your blog and bask in the glow of our collective good will. If you are sharing the kudos, however, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging.
The participation rules are simple:
1. When you get tagged, write a post with links to up to 5 blogs that you think are trying to change the world in a positive way.
2. In your post, make sure you link back to so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Leave a comment or message for the bloggers you’re tagging, so they know they’re now part of the meme.
4. Optional: Proudly display the “Bloggers For Positive Global Change” award badge with a link to the post that you write up.

Comments

R. Aastrup said…
My, Patty! Thank you for your kind words. It has always been my deepest desire to make a difference in the lives of the people, especially the kids, that I work with. I don't always know, but I continue to try... If someone hadn't gotten to you first, I'd for sure put you on my list!
Dear Patty, thank-you so much for your very kind words. It blesses my heart to know that we can share our lives--our hearts and minds, over the neighborhood of the internet, and care for and encourage one another. I am so grateful for the priceless riches, of a life, simply lived--in Him. Thanks for your lovely sharing. Thank-you for the gift of the award.
Warmly, Jewels

Popular Posts