A Very Long Day and not such good news


This is not the post I was wanting to write.... Mei-Ling had her surgery at 8 in the morning and it lasted for 2 hours. They were not able to insert the stint, so it was by no means a success. They did scrape out some of the deflux material that they used in the first surgery, hoping to allow more urine to flow but the Doctor was not optimistic about that helping much. It seems her body was having some sort of reaction to the material used in the deflux which is a rare thing.
They did more blood tests and they just confirmed that what was done today accomplished nothing. Tomorrow afternoon they will do a much more invasive surgery to correct the size of the ureter. They will also insert a tube from the kidney to the bladder as a sort of precautionary measure until things are back to normal for Mei-Ling. That tube will stay in for a couple of months and then have to be removed. While they are in there doing the surgery they will also check out some other misplaced organs to see whats what.
Now if all this isn't tough enough on Melanie and Casi, somehow tomorrow is the actual day there is to be a hearing of sorts over the phone regarding Casi's unemployment. Talk about bad timing. We are praying that his former boss will find it in his heart to do the kind thing and reschedule the hearing.
Melanie is also having a health issue at this time and had to be put on an antibiotic. Through it all, we know God is in control and He never ever gives us more than we can handle, although at times it sure feels like we are put pretty close to the place that seems impossible.

being brought to her room after surgery

one hour later she was all smiles, complete with the sticky part of the tape stuck to her face


Comments

sulli said…
Im so sorry of your news. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Marci said…
Oh Pat, I am sorry it was not better news. It does seem to pour all at once. I will keep praying.
Tina Leavy said…
so very sorry to hear about the baby..hoping all goes well tomorrow for her.poor baby.
nancyr said…
I'm so sorry that things didn't turn out better. I hope and pray that tomorrow things will go well.
She is such a little trooper!
Dana and Daisy said…
Oh bless her heart! What a beautiful child.
mikesgirl said…
Not the news I wanted to read Patty. Farmgirls over at Mary Jane's Farms are praying for Mei-Ling and your entire family.
Melzie said…
I am so sorry the news was not better, keep having faith. oxox melzie
The Stricklands said…
I am praying, praying for strength for Melanie and Casi tomorrow. Times like this are always so much better when we are on the other side of them...then we can look back and marvel at all that God did in our darkest hours. You and your family are loved and lifted up.
Mary
Irene said…
Patty, have you ask The Lord, why May Ling is so sick? I pray that The Lord Jesus Christ will have mercies and grace upon your family.
That everything what happening in your life, will be for your good, if you love the Lord and are called for His purposes. There is perfect order in God's Kingdom. He is sovereign over all creation. He know how many hair we have. There is reason for everything that happens.
Dearest Patty,
I have been at that place...and while talk is cheap when it is not you going through it...I had to get to the place with our Samuel to say to our Lord and Savior...it is just okay Lord, whatever your will is for his little life. I just had to get to that place. It grieves me to see you and your family between this rock and hard place as it brings back memories of our own trial, but I am praying tonight for this little soul and for her complete return to health. May your faith in this be a bright and shining testimony!
novascotiagal said…
Mei-Ling and all of your family are in my thoughts, and I'm sending my prayers out too for the surgery tomorrow. And prayers also for strength in Casi and Melanie, when so many things are so hard right now.
~Bren~ said…
There is power in prayer. I am joining in and prayer warriors all over are being raised up to pray for this precious little one and her parents. Hold on to your faith.
Marga said…
I pray for the little girl and her mother, may God bless them both. Marga
Marga said…
I pray for for the little girl and her mother, may God heals them both. Marga
Carole said…
What a pity that things didn't go better, but what a comfort to see her little smiling face in the picture ! The only thing to do is to keep the faith. God CAN do miracles (we've had one in our family recently). I'll keep praying for Mei-Ling, Melanie, Casi and all of you. Big and warm hugs.
My prayers are with Mei-Ling and all your family. God IS with you whatever is happening. May you not be overwhelmed, may you be blessed, by these trials. Mei-Lings smiles are surely a blessing!
Renee said…
Am keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/
JacquiG said…
Not what I had hoped to read when I checked your blog this morning. I'm so sorry that you did not receive better news that this. I can't even imagine what you must all be going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Lucy said…
Don't know what to say... Mei ling and her parents are in my thoughts Patty!
Lucy said…
Don't know what to say... Mei ling and her parents are in my thoughts Patty!
I will keep right on praying!
Leigh Ann said…
What a little trooper. She is so cute.

Popular Posts