Faith


Matthew 7: 9-11 tells us....."Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him ! "
There is a lost said in these few words. God's love for us is a powerful thing and sometimes when things don't go the way we want or expect then we question if we are really loved.
Only we forget that somethings happen just because we live in a less than perfect world. When we had a goat give birth to a kid with many health issues, we never once questioned why God allowed it to happen, and we never blamed ourselves or the mother goat for the kids birth defects. We just knew "those things happen". You can see where I am going with this I am sure. With Mei-Lings health issues or even Melanie being diabetic, we don't blame God. We don't think He has served up some harsh things to teach us all a lesson, what we do know is that in a imperfect world, things happen and then it is up to us on how we react to it and if it stretches us to learn more compassion. To grow more loving and to see it all for just what it is without casting blame on God or anyone for that matter.
I fully understand God is powerful and could if He chose perform a mighty miracle and in an instant Mei-Ling could have two healthy kidneys, and have perfect health, but He chose not to and I am fine with that since He knows so much more than I do, He can see the end from the beginning. When Melanie was little and we nearly lost her to a diabetic coma, we prayed without ceasing for a might miracle of healing. We had the church elders anoint her for healing, but she was not healed. I could have said all sorts of things like, "the elders must not have had real faith" (actually I may have said that one ) I could have been mad at God for not working a miracle but you know that wouldn't accomplish anything in my heart or the hearts of my children. So instead, we accepted and thanked God for modern times and medicine that preserved her life. We don't know the full picture, it has not all unfolded, but we know God knows more than we do. Pretty simple actually.
Faith isn't just about expecting good things to happen, its also feeling assurance that God knows best, that secure feeling that it will all be o.k. even when its difficult beyond words.

I am on my way to the hospital. Still uncertain at what hour the surgery will be as it was just added to the end of the Operating Room Schedule.

It brings us all great comfort to know so many of you are praying for Mei-Ling and the family. Pray also for the Doctor, that his hand be guided during this operation.

Comments

Renee said…
Will pray for all of you and the surgical team as well! Blessings!

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/
novascotiagal said…
I was thinking about the doctors too, yesterday, in my prayers. I tell my children, "God mostly works through people doing good - (not so much amazing science defying miracles, because, after all, bad things do happen even to loving, faithful people) - when it comes to God's good work - we are God's hands in action in the world" So this is my prayer: "may God help the doctors do their best today."

My thoughts are with all of you.
Patti, I continue to pray for you all, and for the doctors who are caring for your family, and for Casi with his job issues. May it all be resolved to your comfort and joy. God is good. God is with you. You are right, this is absolutely an imperfect world. God knows it all incomparably more and better than we. In fact there is no possible way to consider these two kinds of knowing in one thought. God is mercy and God is love and God is always with you, especially when you ask for this. You are a wise woman. I know you and Emery can support everyone and one another through this time. I believe it will get better. Keep breathing! Hugs from Ohio.
Cathy said…
Patty,
I have been in prayer for you all through the day.
Asking the Lord to wrap His arms around you and give you all comfort.
Blessings my friend,
Cathy
How beautifully you have expressed the love of God, Patty! I will be praying for you, Mei-Ling, Melanie & Casi. May the Lord just comfort you and keep his arms around your dear family until all is well!

Blessings,
Lea
Mimi said…
I checked by this evening to see how the surgery went...but I guess I am too early...
just know that I am praying for sweet Mei-Ling, the surgeons, and the follow up doctors that God will guide their hands and fill their heads with the knowledge needed to bring little Mei-Ling safely thru this medical crisis....
Your attitude brings blessings to my heart as I see your strength in the words you post...
Mimi

Popular Posts