Count Your Blessings Monday



Haven't done a Count Your Blessings Monday in quite a while. Marci over at Down On The Farm
hosts Monday Morning Gratitude and I think its a wonderful way to start our week off by counting our blessings.

Grateful for these blessings, in no particular order . . .
finding a second high chair that matches the first one. ( found it at the first antique store we went to)
Life, in all its fullness
My family
My children in law, they are all such fine young people
Grandchildren for the opportunity they give us to share with them the past.
The smell of soil, ready to plant
Seeing rows neatly planted
The wonderful people that have become my friends through blogging.
for love, how incredible it is.
for my health
for living with contentment
for God, always willing to put up with me.
for the way kerosene lamp light transforms a room.
for eggs in a basket
for buds all over my wisteria bushes
for dirty fingernails that came with digging in the earth and planting food.
for cloth diapers hanging on the line.
for seeing neighbors now hanging out clothes to dry.
for giggling like a child over silly jokes with Emery.
for the sign of feathers on the ducklings
for goats
for hope
and faith
for joy and hardships, both teach us much.
for long skirts that transport you back in time
spring flowers
for my sewing machine
for "skyscapes "
for creeks and brooks that babble
for plenty of wood in the house for when its chilly in the morning
for my eyes and ears.
and yes, for blogging !




Comments

It is a great way to start the week, or any day...Patty, you are so lucky to be able to be working outside already. We still have a lot of snow on the ground and usually get our biggest storms around the end of March or early April. May 8th is our safe to plant day. But I think you grew up in New England, didn't you, and probably have worse winters to remember! I love seeing all the life on your little homestead! It warms my heart.
~Bren~ said…
What an incredible list of blessings! Yes you have many to count. Thank you God.
LadySnow said…
Wonderful list...and isn't it exciting to find something you have been looking for (very neat that you found a matching high chair)
Marci said…
What a wonderful list Pat. I am glad you found the second high chair. May you need two at once often. =) Thanks for taking part.
nancyr said…
I have a high chair, exactly like yours, that I found at a church rummage sale. We keep it at our tiny cottage in South Texas, for the wee one who comes to see us when we visit. We just returned to Colorado yesterday.
I've been catching up on your blog this morning.
Hope Mei-Ling is doing well now.

Popular Posts