Do You Wanna Be Rich ?

Some folks spend countless hours dreaming about what they would do if they were rich. They think of bigger homes, fancier cars, vacations to far away places and so much more.
The only problem with this is that they see money as the true measure of being rich, when really there is so much more to living a rich life.
In the book "The Secret", they talk about having it "all" and "all" they point out is so much more than monetary wealth. But even after reading the book, some folks miss that part and dream about attracting just things, bigger and better things.
What is all the money in the world if you have a rotten family life ?
What will money do for you if you have poor health ?
What will money give you if you are spiritually hungry ?
Can money provide you with inner peace ?
Money alone will give you only more worries, more fear, more wanting since there is always someone with more than you have.
If only we would seek with the same level of desire, good health, having good family relationships, seeking inner peace, spiritual calm and assurance first and then desire monetary riches, we would see a world much different than it is now. When our hearts are full of true wealth, then we want happiness for others and selfishness takes a back seat.
When real wealth is found, the spiritual kind and relationship kind, one can't possibly focus on wanting a big new house or designer items when ones own extended family members are in great need, or see children go hungry in my own town.
The money end of richness becomes more of a means to end the suffering of others when we discover the true meaning of what wealth and richness are.

Comments

Just A Guy said…
I agree completely money cant buy happiness for sure.
Sunny said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna said…
Hi Patty,

You are so right! I just watched the movie "The Secret" for the first time today and was totally disgusted by the emphasis on MONEY and THINGS. While it did mention happiness and good relationships, I heard no mention of spiritual prosperity. And isn't that really the Source from which Love flows?
Dana and Daisy said…
I think I have finally stopped trying to reach inner fulfillment with more stuff. The secret to being rich financially is being content with what you have. A lot of people look like millionaires but are poor in their checkbook. My grandma used to tell me, 'You are rich in things money can't buy." Thank you Grandma! I could work on my relationships more though. Thank you Patty.
Attie said…
Well a good post!! I would like a bit more..to be able to not worry about $$$$$ I can say I wish I had more to help out people too. Iam not greedy don't want a whole bunch!! I also try very hard to not make my happiness about things...but sometimes that is hard to do.
Chocokitty said…
There will always be hungry children in our own town. Does this mean I'm not allowed to use my own money as I see fit, including upgrading my own living space?

Despite your many posts on this issue, your fear of wealth comes through loud and clear. Money CAN buy peace of mind (to some extent) - as in being able to buy insurance, not rely on the government or the generosity of others, etc. Money is not the ultimate security, but it's naive to think that money does not ease the trials and tribulations of life (along, of course, with spirituality).

My grandmother used to say: "Do not worry about anything that money or hard work can fix."

This is a sensible attitude.

It IS possible to have both great personal wealth and be a generous human being.
Patty said…
Chocokitty, you simply make me laugh, the only time you post anything is in the negetive.
You missed the point completly. Which I would expect you to do.
Money is NOT everything, and is best when enjoyed with harmony in the spiritual, health and relationship aspects of life. You missed all that in the post didn't you ?

Popular Posts