Friday Morning Ramble


The air is heavy this morning, full of humidity. The darkness of early morning is slowly giving way to light without any sunshine as the sky is covered in clouds. Crickets are singing as is some rather robust frog nearby. The early birds have joined in the chorus with an occasional solo part from our rooster. It feels almost strange that I can stay home all day today. No trip to the hospital needed, for which we are so thankful.
There is a part of me that says, "ahhhh a day in which I can do nothing" but then I think about the projects I have wanted to work on and the much needed attention to the house. I never find it easy to just sit still. The clothesline poles need a fresh coat of paint and the new line we ordered has come in, line that doesn't sag with the weight of the clothes. There are other projects as well that need some consideration, like introducing the chicks to the hens and finding something to do with the fast growing ducklings that now make quite a mess on a daily basis.
There are peppermint plants needing to be planted and a preparations to be made for an early birthday present for me, that dear Emery told me last night I was getting . My birthday isn't until August but the present will be delivered soon. I will post about that a bit later. I am very excited about this gift.
There are curtains to be sewn and a couple baby dresses to be cut out. There is baking to be done too. First though I must take my morning walk and gaze at the beauty of nature, oh yes, and feed and water the animals !
The photo doesn't show the fabric true to color. The eyelet is a pretty pink and the heart pattern fabric is a coral color. The buggy print shows up a bit darker. Lots of clothesline ready to be strung up . I have 4 lines of about 30 ft long.

Comments

Renee said…
Have a blessed day and a great weekend.

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/
nancyr said…
Enjoy a blessed, "normal" day!
Is the country print for kitchen curtains? Very cute.
LadySnow said…
Projects can be so "daunting" but also very much fun. I wish the weather was warm enough for me to make use of my clothesline. I have 4 lines at about 40 feet long! I love it. The fabric is very pretty. I hope to see what you make with it. :D
Patty said…
We have no clothes dryer so even in snow and ice we use our clothesline, we just freeze dry our clothes in the winter months !
Carole said…
I completely understand the feeling of "oh a day where I can relax" and finally I go over the lot of things to do and I can't sit still either ! Today is a bit different, I have a splitting headache, I WANT to go outside or do a load of laundry but my body slows me down, so I will be sensible for once and take it slow and easy.
Enjoy your day and your tasks, and I can't wait to see the birthday present !
I can hardly await to have a "real" clothesline. Now I have a retractable the runs the length of our front porch ~ 30 feet. And I am so very thankful for it. However, I will be very happy to have a clothesline in the yard so that everyone that pulls up the gravel drive doesn't have to see our garments hanging everywhere! LOL

The fabric is darling! Looking forward to seeing the complete project!

Blessings,
Lea

Popular Posts