Natures Beauty

After the long winter, God in His mercy fills the earth with beauty to profound its hard to describe. Winter has its own beauty and I for one love the purity and peacefulness of a fresh fallen snow, but spring is vibrant. It is as though the land is decorated for a great party. Pinks, blues, oranges, lavender, purple, and so many more colors dot the landscape as wild flowers fill up the prairie. Fruit trees stand out against the horizon with explosions of color.
I saw my first Indian Paint Brushes and Bluebonnets yesterday. A gift from God. Soon I will be heading off daily to my favorite wild flower spots to snap pictures of all the colors.
God is a God of love and of mercy. He gives good gifts to us and strength to handle the results of sin in the world. He carries us when our burdens seem too heavy.
I love Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
Think about that, Gods nature and power understood by what has been made. Today, I know by what I have seen, that God is tender, gentle, powerful yes, but not ego powerful like what we see in man when he has power. I see love and joy in the nature of God through His creation and orderliness at times and random beauty to delight our hearts in unexpected moments.

our peach tree in bloom

Comments

Donna said…
Good morning!

What a beautiful day it is. I always enjoy reading your blog. It is very uplifting to be reminded of God's love. My husband is worship leader in our church and he just recently was given a new chorus by God. When we started singing this chorus there were parts that so fit our lives. Sometimes it's all we can do to just reach out and let God catch us. Following are the words:

The glory of the Lord is in this place
I'm standing here on His amazing grace
He picks me up when I fall down
He gives me peace when my world is crashing all around.

Sometimes our worlds seem out of control and it is so peaceful to just know that God is in control. Thanks for another morning ramble.

Donna
Oh my, I am feeling impatient for spring in Ohio! I have a tree like that with pink blossoms but it won't be blooming for ages! I do have snowdrops and crocuses however and birdsong all the time now.....Sadly (or not. I can't decide, really) I have deer walking across the back yard. This is the first time I've seen them more than once.....Maybe I have to do some garden protection more than I have.........But I like the deer too. (My little dog barks like a mad dog, however!)
Flowers and all that lives and grows are such a gift from God. In fact all that is is such an amazing gift it is hard to take it all in. We just do what we can. I feel so blessed always.
Margo in Maine said…
Your postings are so refreshing and a blessing. Just returned from PA and the Quilt show...no snow there...we still have piles ...I took a pic of flowers peeking out through the ground ..how exciting...I also enjoyed the song given to Donna's husband...I have been very involved with music over the years...His Grace, His Glory...my heart is full this morning as I think about HIM...
grbev said…
Patty,

The only spring I see this morning is on your blog! It is 38 degrees in my front yard and the truck is covered with icy snow from last night. But there is a prediction of 58 degrees for Friday so maybe spring is peaking in and out. Hope so.

Bev

Popular Posts