All is Well




What a blessing, the funnel clouds never reached the ground in our town. The sirens sounded and the shelter we are supposed to head to was right in the thick of the worst weather. It's not more than a mile from our house, but I had no desire to head right towards the wall cloud. I should have known things were going to get bad because all the animals retreated into their barns about 30 minutes before the storms arrived. Not a critter to be seen....always a good indicator to watch the sky.
I hopped in the car and headed in the opposite direction and went to Emery's office. On the way home after the all clear was given, I stopped along the road to take a few pictures of the Indian Paint brush in bloom. Yes, I did take my camera with me when I heard the sirens sound !
I am not sure if more storms are heading our way or not. I am hoping not.

Some additional good news, Casi heard from the unemployment office, the verdict for the hearing was in Casi's favor. There are rules that have to be followed when you are an employer. Pretty simple really. We feel so blessed....surely God has been watching over Melanie and Casi through all their hardships of late.
I was glad I made the oatmeal coconut bars, a nice warm bar was the perfect "emotional eat" after I got home.

I can't help but sing one of my favorite hymns ...

"It Is Well With My Soul"
When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blessed assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
- Words by Horatio G. Spafford, 1873-

Music by Philip P. Bliss, 1876

Comments

Dana and Daisy said…
Patty, I'm back in Oklahoma today and we've been watching the skies all day too. I'm glad the decision was in Casi's favor.

This is also one of my fav hymns. God Bless you.
Praise God you are okay. We had terrible storms this morning and around us this afternoon. Some tornado damage in towns east and south of us but nothing too major. It looked more like dusk at ten this morning it was so dark and oh my the rain and wind!
Aunt Jenny said…
I am so glad to hear that you all are okay and didn't have the funnel cloud land near you. I am thankful that we don't have tornados often here...scary! But we did have one really hit hard on the other side of town here almost 6 years ago. You take care!!!
I loved all your pictures today.
~Bren~ said…
Prayers answered again! God is good. Also for Casi's verdict. YEAH!!
The Indian Paint Brush is beautiful. I don't think I had ever seen it before and when it was listed in your blessings post, I wondered what it looked like.
Your hymn is my all time favorite!! I really need to be singing that one today!
R. Aastrup said…
I love that hymn, too. Such beautiful, comforting words!

Glad you're OK.

The Indian Paintbrush is beautiful!
Leigh Ann said…
That is wonderful news. And those pictures are amazing. I am glad you took your camera;-).
Mimi said…
so thankful that the storm's did you no harm...
I love the hymn "It is well "
and so happy for you that Casi's hearing came out to his good...
To God be the Glory...
Mimi
Rain said…
I love this hymn. Horatio Spafford also happens to be my husbands great great grandfather.
The story behind his writing it is well known and a wonderful testimony of God's love.

Rain
Patty said…
Hi Rain,
Knowing the story behind the hymn has always made it more special to me. Thats really interesting that your husband is the great great grandson !
Renee said…
So glad it turned out okay!
i can still hear my poppa singing this hymn, beautiful. glad everything turned out well with the tornado, casi, and that mei-ling is doing so well!

Popular Posts