Rainy Tuesday

Rain makes the world around us look more intense in color. The greens are more vibrant, the soil richer looking and the bark on trees darker with more texture. It's almost like "high definition" when the earth is bathed in rain.
I noticed this morning that not everything around a farm place is beautiful in terms of the way we usually think of beauty. There is the proverbial "might need sometime" pile, that's contents changes with the seasons of need.
There might be a rusty bucket or two laying around or a wheelbarrow that has seen more work than it can handle. Weeds may find comfortable homes in strange places and wood may warp on a barn wall or two.
Some things are just functional and placed where need be without any thoughts of aesthetics. Like water buckets and old chairs in trees which provide rest in the shade on hot summer days. Strangely they all have a bit of beauty to me. A comfortable knowing they belong sort of beauty. Maybe like the beauty found in the hands of an 90 year old woman that still bakes pies.
But then there are things like a beautiful wisteria vine climbing up the side of the chicken house, a bit of beauty in a rather not so beautiful place.
I picked the right time to do chores, it was only breathing lightly a bit of rain and now it is a torrential downpour with rain blinding ones view. Its nice to be inside where a cup of coffee awaits me by my chair.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I completely understand what you mean.. in looking for the beauty in the rain. God has surely been using rain to teach and mold me! Thank you for this post!
Anna said…
I love your long skirts, Patty. So feminine! Do you make them yourself?
Patty said…
Hi Annabelle,
I make some and buy some at the thrift store when they have ones that suit my fancy : )
Dana and Daisy said…
I agree how rain makes the colors more intense. It is like God is spreading his artists brush across His earthly canvas.

Pumpkin and chocolate chip? I have never tried them together! Sounds delish.

Popular Posts