A Gift


Emery knows me better than anyone else in the world, which is just as it should be in my thinking. He saw today that I was filled with worry and a bit stressed from the experience of having one of our grand-blessings so sick. In his loving way, he wanted to do something special for me so tonight when I was looking at fabric, he purchased just what I was looking at for a couple of skirts for summer and a new apron. One of the fabrics is not my normal choice for a color to wear but it will be great for garden work, it won't show the dirt !
The love this man gives to me is so amazingly tender and kind, and yet he is always my strength, my shoulder to lean on.
Tomorrow morning I hope to have a bit of time to sew.

The latest word on Mei-Ling is that she is not wanting to go to sleep.... I suspect she is feeling a bit frightened by all that has taken place and being in the hospital is not her favorite thing. She is talking up a storm and playing in her crib.
On the left are my two skirt fabrics, $2 a yard variety, good and functional yet still pretty.
The apron fabric is on the right, the main part will be the green print, the trim the rose pattern and the pockets will be with the fabric on the far right.

Comments

I am praying for that dear sweet baby and all of you. Emory did something much like my Jack would and has done when I need a bit of cheering.
Lynn Hasty said…
Patty, I have been gearing up to get back into the swing of working today and I somehow missed your post yesterday about your sweet grandbaby! I hope she is soon back to normal. I'm sorry she's been so sick. Will be checking back in to see how she does.

Lynn
~Bren~ said…
Kind of good news that your sweet Grandbaby is all play and chatter. I pray she will get a good nights rest....Melanie too.
Your fabrics are wonderful. Make sure you show your finished projects.
Jan said…
Oh Patty, I am sorry Mei-ling is sick again. Take care. My prayers are with you.
mikesgirl said…
I take it as a good sign that she is active at bed time. Just curious Patty what kind of skirts you are going to make out of your fabric. I'd like to make a couple of lighter weight skirts for spring, but none of my patterns seem appropriate for them. I want something simple, but not a lot of gathers at the waist because my hips are already ample!

Popular Posts