Happy Saint Patricks Day !


It's the day for all things Irish, for a good dinner of corned beef and a cup or two of Barry's Gold Tea. For some music that makes your feet tap, like a jig or a reel.
My children all did Irish Step Dancing and competed in it. We went to many a Feis and more than a few trips were made so they could compete in an Oireachtas. My floors bear the scars of all those years of hard shoe practice, but I loved every minute of it.
Today Melissa will be dancing for both schools she teaches at. Her students will love it. She will wear her dance dress, the one she is wearing in the picture, (top right) and I think she is doing a reel and a hornpipe. How I wish I was there to watch her (sigh).
I will settle for listening to Dervish, Altan and some Clancy Brothers music and watch The Secret of Roan Inish while sipping on a hot cup of Barry's.
Happy St Patricks Day to all !
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.
May God be with you and bless you:
May you see your children's children.
May you be poor in misfortune,
Rich in blessings.
May you know nothing but happiness
From this day forward.
May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the warm rays of sun fall upon your home
And may the hand of a friend always be near.
May green be the grass you walk on,
May blue be the skies above you,
May pure be the joys that surround you,
May true be the hearts that love you.

Comments

Iowa Gal said…
I love your table settings. They are so pretty and they all seem to say. "come and sit a while".
Marci said…
I love those tea cups. They are darling!!!

Maybe someone will film Melissa dancing. That would be neat. You could put it on your blog!!!
ellemenope said…
Go! Go see her dance! Surprise her!
Patty said…
would love to go see her but Vermont is a LOOOONNNNGGGG way from North Texas !
Lynn Hasty said…
Patty, I love the Irish theme today, and I, too, would love to see your daughter do some Irish dancing. I love to watch it! How in the world can anyone do it? Anyhoo, there's certainly a lot of Scottish and Irish blood in my veins -- and the moody temperament to go with it. ~:-D

While I am here, I'm inviting you to participate in a meme of sorts. Feel free to read my post "Share Your Most Favorite Thing."

www.amothersjournal.com/2008/03/17/share-your-most-favorite-thing/

After reading recently on your blog, I would love to know if you have a favorite thing and what it would be. If you don't care to participate, I certainly understand.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Lynn
Phase II said…
Patty-
Happy St. Patrick's Day, when we are all a bit Irish. I just felt compelled to write and let you know that i am very glad that you have decided not to close your blog. i do read it regularly and get such enjoyment out of it. Your love of God and family is a lesson to us all.

barbara
The Bashams said…
Oh I sit here and can smell my corned beef cooking in the next room. Can't wait. Some Cabbage and Potatoes and we are going to be a happy irish family tonight!
Jessica said…
I enjoy reading your blog and have placed it in my bookmarks. I found out about you from the Mary Jane Farm board. I hope that you have a wonderful week.
... Paige said…
lovely table.
I read the post below about some folks leaving ugly comments. I am surprised but then not surprised. Good cheer brings the other out to try and squish down love.
Goes to show you are doing well.
Anna said…
Happy St. Patty's Day! I love your table settings, especially the vase and teacups. Where does one find Barry's tea?
Patty said…
Annabelle, if you have a World Market in your area, they have it there....but my sister sends me mine from Boston !
Cathy said…
Patty,
I have been wanting to write and say "thank you" for keeping your blog open. I would have missed you very much. Every morning, I check your blog and can't wait to hear what you write from your heart. You have such a sweet and kind spirit.
Blessings to you my friend,
Cathy
p.s. I'm still loving my notecards.
Happy St. Patricks Day! So glad that you decided to stay!

Be blessed, Lea
2 LMZ FARMS said…
Just dropping by for a quick visit. Take care and hope you and yours have a blessed day.
Laura
Anna said…
Thanks for the info, Patty. I'm psyched 'cause we have a World Market here. Now I can get some Barry's tea too!

Popular Posts