When What To My Wondering Eyes Should Appear..A Blimp


Yesterday afternoon, while planting onions I heard a strange sound over-head. Looking up I saw a blimp flying over. It was the MetLife blimp. I had to smile at the words on the side facing me, "For the if in Life". I don't seem to be one to worry much about the "ifs" in life.
So many times our worries about the "ifs" are so much greater than reality. I believe in having plans but not to look for and anticipate things to go wrong. I am not talking insurance here, but a state of mind, the kind of thinking where you just expect the sky to fall. There is not an ounce of that sort of thinking in me. I am always saying, "just wait, things will work out" and they always seem to. The power of positive thinking really does work.
"Researchers from Duke University followed more than 2,800 patients with heart problems and found that optimists were half as likely to die over the course of the study. The finding held true even after doctors accounted for other factors such as the severity of the patients' illness, their age, and depression levels." http://www.turnto23.com/health/15588963/detail.html
Keep thinking positive !

Comments

Anna said…
Hi Patty, it's funny that you mention this. My dear husband is always saying the same thing!

Blessings,
Annabelle
The Bashams said…
Hey! We saw the blimp over Mansfield on the same day you saw it. Wondered where it might be going. My kids love to lay on the grass watching for airplanes and discussing who is on them and where they might be going.

Popular Posts