Goodwill Shopping



Well today was our local Goodwill Thrift Stores 50% sale day. What fun I had....here is an example of recent finds there.
A nightie for me that just flows with femininity and old fashioned sweetness. $2
But the best find recently were these two American Girl items. My daughters each have an American Girl doll, Actually in those days they were from "Pleasant Company" so in anticipation of grand-daughters that will some day be playing with such dolls, I purchased the child's size small Samantha's nightie and Kirsten's little coal warmer for $4
A little post script....I guess big girls still love their American Girls things since these two items were quickly grabbed up by a couple of married young ladies I happen to know really well. I love that my girls still cherish their dolls.

Comments

Marci said…
You found some great deals!!!!
Patty said…
sure did and Melanie found lots of wonderful things too
~Bren~ said…
I LOVE nighties. I think the long flowing ones are so nice. Cotton, too...always cotton.
Carrie said…
I really love the concept of the American girls collection and gifted my niece/goddaughter with items from the collection.
Aunt Jenny said…
Love that nightie!! I am trying to find one just like that...will end up making one no doubt...there arn't good thrift stores nearby. Lucky you!
My girls each have an American girl doll too...Molly and Kit...and I hope they will always treasure them too.
What great finds today!
I love to see your pretty clotheline full of skirts. Seems like mine more often is full of jeans..but I love when there is an especially feminine wash out!! Or even my favorite sheets. I hope to be able to hang out clothes this week...the snow is about all melted under it and not deep mud so I think I can do it...I miss the clothesline smell on clothes in winter time.
Patty said…
Aunt Jenny,
Melissa has Kirsten and Melanie has Molly
LBP said…
What great deals! Our Goodwill here is ok. Sometimes they sell things for more than you can buy them new, and they never have a sale. The Rescue Mission thrift store is another story! Always great sales and very reasonably priced items. That's where my Easter outfit came from. Love the little American Girl clothes.
Blessings
Linda

Popular Posts