News about Mei-Ling

The operation took a bit over 4 hours. They actually unhooked the ureter from her bladder,
re-sized it and then reconnected it. They cleaned out all the deflux material that had been used in September. They also added a stint from her kidney to the bladder that will be removed in a couple months. While they were doing the surgery they did some looking around at her reproductive system. She has only one ovary, one Fallopian tube and no uterus. We were thankful there was at least one ovary to help with the hormone situation later on in life.
By 8 tonight she was back in her room, just a couple of painful groans from this tiny one had Melanie in tears, which I fully understand. Mei-Ling is on a pain as needed order for which we are all very grateful.
She will have her catheter in until at least Friday. Not sure yet as to when she will be able to come home.
Casi had his over the phone hearing with his former employer and unemployment. We know God is in control and feel at peace about it all. It was of course incredibly difficult on Casi and Melanie to have to deal with this situation when the baby is so sick and all the preparations for Mei-Lings surgery was going on while Casi was on the phone.
We felt all your prayers today, and the Doctor was remarkable as always. Casi spent the day in a fast and only ate after the surgery was over. He is a fine young man !
Thank you all again for your prayer, your support and all your wonderful comments and emails.
When Mei-Ling is older we will show her the comments and emails so she will know how many people prayed for her.
Please continue to pray for Mei-Ling as she now recovers.

Comments

The Stricklands said…
I know you are so relieved to have this long day behind you. We will continue to pray for Mei-ling, Melanie and Casi. You have a wonderful family, and God is good everyday.
Mary
I praise God that at least the surgery went well. I will keep all of you in my prayers.
ellemenope said…
Patty, I am so sorry you all are going through this. Mei-Ling is one tough little girl with a wonderful family. My heart aches for her, especially as a fellow infertile woman, and as I know you know, this will be so very difficult for her later in life. I will pray for her recovery and also for strength to help her in later years.
mikesgirl said…
Good news to hear the surgery went well. Now healing can begin. Prayers and good thoughts to your entire family.
Anonymous said…
I'm so sorry Mei-Ling is having such a hard time - but praise be for modern medicine and knowledge! big hugs to your family from Downunder. Mei-Ling is in our prayers.
Annie said…
Mei Ling has been in my prayers every night, I am so releived to hear that her surgery went well and Im glad that you were blessed with a good surgeon. I feel that God has special plans for that sweet little one. I am praying also for Melanie and Casi, what a strong and loving family they are, you have such a wonderful family and I know you must be very proud!
Renee said…
Thank you so much for the update. Such good news to hear Mei-Ling made it so well through the surgery. Will continue to pray for all of you.

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/
Dana and Daisy said…
I pray everyone will get some much needed rest.
PAT said…
I came by to thank you for stopping by the Back Porch.

I've been reading about Mei-Ling, this morning. My heart goes out to this precious child. My prayers are with her and all of you.

Pat
I am so glad the operation is over and they know more and have done things which will be helpful. I am praying for everyone in your family and especially for peace and strength and wisdom for all now that the crisis is over. I hope things are much calmer now. Hugs from Ohio
Leigh Ann said…
I am so glad the surgery went well. Poor little one. I will be praying for her recovery.
nancyr said…
I am so relieved that Mei-Ling's surgery went well. I hope she has a good recovery, and that she heals rapidly.
I am sure that hearing that she has no uterus was very difficult, but since she has one ovary and fallopian tube, she might have the option of using her eggs and a surrogate in the future. Also who knows what miracles will be available in 25 years. As you know, adoption is also a wonderful option. That is such a long way down the road, and the present news regarding the surgery, is great.
Lots of prayers have gone up for precious Mei-Ling.
Baleboosteh said…
Praying here for Mei-Ling. May God bless and heal her and strengthen you all as you live through this.
Mimi said…
I was unable to post comments for a couple of days...but I wanted you to know that little Mei-Ling...has been in my prayers daily...as she goes through this ordeal...
I am so sorry to hear of her lack of reproductive organs...but God has a plan in that also...so I just pray for her as she gets older that she will understand God's plan for her...
Blessings to your family...I am so happy for you that they are close and can be there for each other as they face these trials in their lives..
Mimi

Popular Posts