Mei-Ling Update




Mei-Ling was transferred out of the intensive care unit and sent to the nephrology unit. They are wanting to run several tests on her kidney. Since she only has one, they want to make sure its o.k. since her potassium was so high. Her potassium level is now a bit under the norm so the medication they gave her worked very well.
She still has an I.V. but doesn't seem to mind it one bit. Chews on all the tape they have around it and was clapping hands together and banging the side of the crib with the bandaged hand, smiling at all the noise it made. Needless to say she seems to be feeling much better. She is nicely hydrated, so she is once again as plump as before she got sick. She has never been a chubby baby, but at least she has a few little rolls again.
Melanie told me that after they moved Mei-Ling, they took off her heart monitors which gave the baby more freedom to move around in her crib.
Thanks for all the prayers and I ask that you continue to pray for her. We are praying for her kidney to be normal !

Comments

Marci said…
I am so glad she is doing better. Bless her little heart.
grbev said…
Patty,

Just wanted you to know that I put Mei-Ling's name on the prayer rolls of the Salt Lake LDS Temple. Prayers will be said for her in prayer circles for the next two weeks.

Bev
MiSScNeLLY said…
I will continue to pray for her as well. I am glad to hear that she is doing better.
mikesgirl said…
You've got it Patty! I remember Mei-Ling every time I pray.
La Tea Dah said…
Praying for Mei-Ling and her kidney. May it be healthy and well. The poor little dear has had more than her share of hospital visits. . .

LaTeaDah
Renee said…
So glad to hear she is doing better! Will be keeping Mei-Ling and all of you in my thoughts and prayers.
Unknown said…
I have been praying for little Mei-Ling. I hope she is doing well.
Anabella

Popular Posts