Morning

There is no silence in the world around me, even in the early morning, before most are awake, there is a symphony of sounds. Song birds singing their praise of the new day, calling to one another, and seemingly trying to out do one another.
I wanted to find silence so I could think, resolve a matter, hear that still voice of God, which I realize now, its not a still voice of God, so much as a voice heard in stillness. Perhaps we somehow rearranged the words to make it seem like Gods voice is still, yet the only time we can hear this voice is when we are still.
Aware of every single sound around me I heard the wind travelling from south to north, almost as if it were a car sound coming towards me. I could watch it too, tree tops bending like a "wave" at some football game. Coming closer to me until soon it was over me, washing me with new air.
The cooing of a morning dove catching my attention, diverting me from this time of thinking and listening for the voice that promises to direct me and show me what I need to do. I tried to dump all the pre-programmed thoughts, the ones that run through our minds like old re-runs, the programmed responses that we give ourselves for a multitude of reasons. The kind of thoughts we think we want to hear, the easy way out thoughts, the excuses, the limiting thoughts. The very thoughts that kill new ideas and keep us from taking risks from time to time.
I found myself distracted by the way the tree branches reach up to the sky as the darkness turns to soft and gentle morning light, just before the big show of sunrise.
Perfect silhouettes, these trees are. Almost a black and white photo, just with a touch of shading to the sky, which is more pale gold in the east and still a bit of pale navy blue, yes, pale navy blue.
The large wind chimes that Emery gave me sound more like church bells they are so big and I love them. This morning they sing along with the birds. There still is no silence....then just in the moment the sun peeks up over the horizon the world stops singing for one second, all is silent in that one magical moment when the sun drenches the day in gold. The wind was silent as if it was awe struck and held its breath as this ball of light said good morning to the day.
It was in the instant of silence that, still moment of visual grandeur that I got my answer....there is so much of life to share...and that is the word, SHARE.
The negatives in life are so insignificant when put aside the beauty of life. In that moment of stillness this morning I never noticed that the neighbors shop is rather dilapidated, I just saw the beauty of the sunlight on the old windows and the light and shadows as they were being born of this new day. I can choose to look at the negative folk in that sort of light too. Choosing to see them in the best light of the day covered up with the golden hues of a better way.

Comments

~Bren~ said…
*sigh* I am so happy you will continue to share what God shares with you. It is your gift. THIS post is a pure example of what you have to give. Your experience this morning was shared in such a way that everyone of your readers can feel it too. I am blessed by the sounds and stillness of your morning. You were embraced by the Father and shared that embrace with me. (((hugs)))
Dana and Daisy said…
Good morning Patty. So glad you are revived today. Your wind chimes DO sound like church bells! Have a wonderful day. Dana
2 LMZ FARMS said…
I was upset when you stated earlier that you might stop your posting. I was even mad. I pray that you still continue on with your blog. I know I have told you over and over again how much your posting has helped me. Not only has your writings help me grow as a person but also they have helped me spiritualy. I will keep you in my prayers and you grow throught this decision. I believe your wonderful husband summed it up just right. Take care and hope you and yours have a blessed day.
Laura
Jan said…
Hey Patty...don't do it. I read it every day! I would miss it terribly. Sometimes I have trouble (technical) commenting but you're doing a good job. Jan
grbev said…
Loving, Caring, Sharing..... A wonderful plan to follow. Just as the sun bursting out on a cloudy, rainy day, the positive and caring comments from readers open the heart to hear the loving voice of God. Thank you for sharing this morning and this morning's thoughts with us. Such a visual affirmation that God lives and directs our paths toward the light.

Bev
Mimi said…
I am so glad that you were sitting and listening for that moment of silence when you could hear God, and know that you are blessing too many people to let a few negative comments cause you to squelch that blessing.
Keep doing what you are doing, and let God work in the hearts of the negative thinkers...He can deal with them better than you or I.
Prayers and hugs,
Mimi
I so enjoyed sharing your morning in the lovely words you wrote! thank you!
novascotiagal said…
I too would be very sad to see you go away. I don't read other blogs regularly - just yours. When I can't get to you for a few days, I catch up. Other blogs I have read occasionally are through your blog links (and their links). Yes, you do live a life that I can live a little vicariously through you, and you always give me thought provoking things to read and consider carefully. They change the way I think about things, or give conscious thought to subconscious ideas. I always appreciate the effort you put into this blog, every day. Poetic, and with real heart, you are brave, and you really inspire.
That's my two cents. I hope it helps.
Lots of love from far away....
Carole said…
Oh, I'm so glad you won't shut the blog down ! I haven't been able to visit you for the last 3 days, and I was catching up... and "my arms fell down" ! (as we put it in French). I too would miss your posts and reflexions, not to mention the news and pictures of your cute granddaughters... You really make a difference and it would really be a pity if blogland should be without you.
Keep up the positive spirit ! There are lots and lots of people with you.
Jean said…
Dear Patty Please don't close you blog. I lead a very retired life due to ill health and people like you are my inspiration and help. I have been reading your blog for a year or so but have never left a comment. I would so miss your family but even more you make me think give me an interest. Negative sily people should just be ignored don't let their influence win. Keep up your good work. Best wishes Jean
Diannia said…
Thank you Patty for seeking the Lord's wisdom on your decision. Of course, I would not have expected anything else from you! You are an awesome witness. Thank you for allowing the Lord to use you as He sees fit.

Popular Posts