Saturday Chores

There are goats, chickens and ducks to feed and watered. There are tomatoes to be planted and seeds to be sown this morning. There is a trip to town for feed and later a trip to the hospital.
Dishes to be washed and laundry to be done, just one load though, new towels purchased last night. Lamps to be washed and wicks to be trimmed. The kitchen floor needs to be swept and washed. I should dust but not sure if I will get to that today. The new fabric sits on the sewing table, waiting its turn in this long line of things to accomplish today. How grateful I am for the ability to do them, and the heart to find joy in these tasks, knowing that each one makes helps make things run smoothly.
some of our lamps. Yes, there are more : )

Comments

I find great pleasure in my chores and caring for my home. I know you do too.
Patty, I continue to pray for darling Mei Ling and all of you. I learned a lot when my dh was so ill, and I believe in the power of prayer. But I know it is still tough. I wish you all a Blessed Easter, you and Emery and all your children and grandchildren.
Mimi said…
I love your oil lamps...I only have three, but I burn them all the time...
Annie said…
Your day sounds like mine, I planted seeds this morning, cleaned, dusted,washed floors and did laundry...but now it feels so good to sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labor! A clean house just makes you feel good inside and out!
I love your oil lanterns, I have been looking at the cobalt blue lantern at Lehmans, I just have not allowed myself to spend the money yet!
Have a wonderful Easter and say hi to Mei Ling, she is in my prayers.
Many Blessings,
Annie
Shan said…
Patty,

I too find comfort in the ordinary days and quiet routines. I so hope that your little Mei-Ling is feeling better and will come home soon.

May you have a lovely Easter, surrounded by those that love you best!

Yours kindredly,
Shan
Honey Hill Farm
Margo in Maine said…
Such a wonderful blog. Enjoy reading it so much...you are a very talented lady. Your photography is awesome. thank you for your sensitive sharing in your writings....Prayers are with you. Blessings

Popular Posts