Tasha Tudor Dies


Marlboro, Vermont - June 18, 2008
Tasha Tudor, a Vermont-based illustrator with a wide and loyal following, has died.
Tudor lived in Marlboro, surrounded by gardens, in what her family describes as an old-fashioned lifestyle of peace and self-sufficiency. Her detailed, sometimes whimsical, drawings have been featured on greeting cards and dozens of books. Tudor's last book was published in 2002, and it highlighted one of her favorite subjects: corgis.
Tasha Tudor was 92 years old.

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8522510

I have always admired the work and life of Tasha Tudor and smile just thinking about her life style, the way she marched to her own drum beat.
Tasha Tudor's said of her Stillwater Sect, her imagined New England religious sect. "Stillwater connotes something very peaceful," Eldress Tudor explains, "Life without stress. Nowadays, people are jeezled up. If they took some chamomile tea and spent more time rocking on the porch in the evening....they might enjoy life more."
I so agree ! I plan on sipping a cup of chamomile tea today and rocking on the porch in honor of this wonderfully talented individual.

Comments

I am sorry to say i have never heard of her. She sounds like quite a lady though. She sure had a good long life!
R. Aastrup said…
I loved Tasha Tudor, too. This is a sad loss, indeed. But her life was full and peaceful, and she inspired many. I loved her stuff in Victoria magazine...

Rocking on the front porch. Now that sounds good to me!
Anonymous said…
Awwww...I read up on her this past winter...she was facinating...may she rest in peace!
Andylynne said…
Oh that is so sad! I knew she couldn't live forever. But if anyone could live forever she would have a good shot at it. Thank you for posting this, it hadn't made the news here yet. I will miss her wonderful influence. Instead of the red hat club, I want a red cape :)
Andylynne said…
Me again, just read your older posts and discovered old childhood recipes from way back. Lental loaf is my favorite, and the special K loaf comes a close second!!!
karen said…
What a gerat, inspirational woman she was. God bless her.
I have always loved her work, ever since I discovered it, and was fascinated in 1979 when I bought a copy of her daughter Bethany's book about her. She was born in the same year as my own mother, 1915, and yet she chose to live as much as possible as if she had been born in 1830. When she had small children this was not an easy choice! She followed the beat of her own drum, like you, Patty.
Anonymous said…
I have adored her since I was a small child. She led a beautiful and inspired life exactly as she wanted--what a fine example! I gave my mother-in-law a "coffee table" book on The World of Tasha Tudor a few years ago for Christmas. Maybe I should peek around on the web to find a copy for myself.
Carole said…
I heard of her once through a link - but have never gotten further into it. But I noticed that the kitchen in the background looks very much like yours, am I wrong ?

Popular Posts