"The Little Home"

The Little Home
~Edgar A. Guest~
The little house is not too small
To shelter friends who come to call.
Though low the roof and small its space
It holds the Lord's abounding grace,
And every simple room may be
Endowed with happy memory.
The little house, severly plain,
A wealth of beauty may contain.
Within it those who dwell may find
High faith which makes for peace of mind,
And that sweet understanding which
Can make the poorest cottage rich.
The little house can hold all things
From which the soul's contentment springs.
'Tis not too small for love to grow,
For all the joys that mortals know,
For mirth and song and that delight
Which make the humblest dwelling bright.
This will always remain one of my favorite poems. I can relate to it so well. The words of Edgar Guest are posted often on my blog. Tonight with new curtains hung, the house feels just that little bit more cozy and this poem suits so well how we feel about this little house we call home.

Comments

Shan said…
Patty,

I just love those curtains, they are truly cozy!

Have a wonderful evening!

Yours kindredly,
Shan
Honey Hill Farm
Another poem I will have to borrow from you! I love your curtains.
R. Aastrup said…
Edgar Guest was one of my grandfather Kellogg's favorite poets, too. He often recited him...
tiffany said…
I LOVE the new curtains! My mother always had priscillas up when I was growing up and they seem very homey to me. :)
Dulce Domum said…
Pretty, homey curtains and a pretty, homey poem to match!
Anonymous said…
Beautiful Poem! I am going to have to read more from that poet!
JacquiG said…
Oh I just love your curtains! They really do look pretty and cosy. Don't think DH would like them in the living room, but they sure would look good in our bedroom! Hmmm ... just maybe ... !!

Popular Posts