Getting Ready for the 4th Of July

Today was a busy day...I went plant shopping and then did lots of planting. Then tonight Emery and I got the house decorated for the 4th. Its going to be a big day for our little town. 150 people becoming U.S. Citizens, then a parade. I have never been particularly patriotic. Not sure why, but this year I sure feel it : )
Even the farm gate has bunting on it....its not in the picture though and at the base of the mail box, there are red, white and blue flowers planted.
I have blisters on three fingers of my right hand from all the garden work we have been doing, so tomorrow will be a pampering day.

Comments

It looks wonderful Patty1
Anonymous said…
It is all beautiful.

I'm just so proud we can hang our flag. Since we have our house I went out and got a flag. In the apartments we lived in we were not able to have a flag. The managers didn't want to offend anyone. (it offended us)
But, that is the past and I have a new flag I'll put up with pride.
Thomas and I are going to decorate some more tomorrow. He is all excited.

Have a great day.
You have a cute house.
Rebecca
Dawn said…
Awww your home is so quaint and cute! Can't wait to visit!!!

Yeah..my July 4th is going to be a memorable one for sure *giddy laugh*.

Robert had to do something in his unit yesterday morning and soldiers were complaining that they have nothing to do this weekend and Robert was like "I know what I am doing this weekend...going to Whataburger, the mall, Wal-Mart, Target, etc". They just gave him the evil eye...lol.

Blessings to you Patty!!

~ Dawn
TJ said…
Looks great! We are having a big ceremony here too! 500+ people will become citizens on July 3rd. Pretty amazing.
The Stricklands said…
Your home looks wonderful! I can't believe that July is here already. I need to be dressing some little people in red, white and blue this week. I would love to see some pictures of your pariotic flowers. Have a fun and blessed week!
(How is sweet little Pepper doing)?
Dana and Daisy said…
I was thinking of poking those little flags down in my flower pots today myself!
eggsintomatoes said…
Darling yellow color on your house! I wish it was a buggy in front instead of the car though. Would make for a much nicer effect :-)
Patty said…
A horse and buggy are just part of our lifestyle : )
Those days are gone !
Carrie J said…
I live in a yellow cottage as well. I don't know why but I think yellow houses always look cozy.
I need bunting to put on my porch rails, yours looks great.

Popular Posts