Colonial Times

I suspect there are several reasons why I love things relating to Colonial America/ Early America. Might be that its so much a part of my heritage, and that I grew up in the Boston area, or that my mother and fathers house was decorated in the colonial style.
For vacations as a child we visited historic sights and history was real to me. I loved old things and still do.
Today, at Goodwill, I found some wonderful treasures that fit so well with the simple Early American/Colonial theme of our home. Three pieces of copper fireplace/cooking items.
Since the children are now all on their own, I have more time and more funds to dedicate towards the goal of having things "match" in the house. I will never be the kind that spends huge amounts of money on decorating the house, but it sure is fun when I find things at thrift stores or antique shops, that do "work" in the room.
I enjoy being surrounded by old things. It just feels right to me. Appeals to that old fashioned side of me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful, Patty! :)
your blog leaves me nostalgic. well done.

Popular Posts