A Rainy Friday Morning

First I would like to ask all those that feel lead to, to pray for Melanie this morning as she is having a root canal. She has an abscessed tooth. I just feel so bad for her, one more thing to endure.
Also my dad, who will be 87 this year, left Florida early this morning by car to come to Texas to see us. I am praying for travelling mercies for him. It's a long drive by yourself but he didn't want to fly and there is a bit of a determined streak in him : )

Now on to some of the new things I found yesterdayon our shopping trip....





I just love this little Hitchcock folding table. I have never seen anything like it. The tag is still on it . It folds up so simply, just grab the ends and push ! Antique and thrift store shopping is the most delightful way to support the use of recycled goods and not demand new trees be cut down. Another way to live a bit more green.
I will show you the coffee table after I have refinished it : )

Comments

Kelley said…
Pat, I am praying for Melanie this morning!
What lovely treasures you found!
Wishing you a blessed and wonderful weekend!
Iowa Gal said…
Good morning Patty........ I love your "finds". I always think that used or old things have more character then new and they would have a story to tell if they could talk. I have a question about your curtains. In one picture they look a pale green and in another they look tan. Is it just my computer?? I will be hoping for the best for Melanie........JAN
Patty said…
Hi Jan
The curtains are natural color, unbleached
TJ said…
Praying for your dad as he travels and Melanie's root canal!
Christine said…
What lovely treasures! I haven't found places near me that have stuff like that...but then again, I haven't looked very hard! :-)

Praying for Melanie.
Dulce Domum said…
The little table is practical, being able to be folded up like that. I hope that your dad has a safe journey. My FIL is also 86 and insists on driving up to us every week or so, no train for him!
nancyr said…
I love everything you purchased. I always buy antique, or old (1940 or older) furniture at auctions, antique shops or flea markets. It is made so much better than new, is affordable, might even increase in value, and saves something from the land fills.
I love to make a "silk purse from a sow's ear", so even the slightly battered pieces can be made beautiful. It is also fun to imagine the families that owned the pieces, how many babies were rocked in rocking chairs and cradles, etc.
Anonymous said…
Praying for Melanie and your dad.

I love everything you got. That rocking chair is precious. Can't wait to see the coffee table. Ray and I love antique shopping. I have several things I'm on the look out for. Someday they will come my way.

Rebecca
Julian said…
praying for Melanie, and you are blessed with all your treasures!
Christina
Living green is especially lovely when you can find such treasures as you have! The best of both worlds.

Smiles,
Lea

Popular Posts