The Perfect Example

I just had to smile, what I wrote about today, resulted in just the exact thing I wrote about. Stating how I personally felt, sharing my feelings and in a flash, a few folks were telling me I should not just state my opinion but share a broader picture, one that includes their experience.
That is how we often treat our fellow man/woman. It is more peaceful to play Chameleon and change to suit everyone around us. But, its not very honest and its not very joyful because pretty soon you don't even know for sure what you feel. Ones feelings don't always reflect that of another, and so we are told to feel differently. We as people see things differently and differently at different times. Right now in my life I feel exactly as I wrote about this morning. I can't in good conscience feel or think differently just to please another.
Rose colored glasses never give a clear, honest view.

just wanted to say, the photo is looking through some ice water in the rose colored glass in the header picture

Comments

JacquiG said…
I don't understand people's apparent deep need to tell others they are wrong!

Keep doing what you are doing, Patty. It's your honesty and down-to-earth attitudes, and your joy and love of life that draw people. I was about to say they are the ones you listen to but that's wrong. You are the only one you should listen to!

By the way, I loved your previous post and it certainly gives us something to think about.
Patty said…
Thanks Jackie !
novascotiagal said…
I've been reading your posts for quite a while now, and you always give thoughtful descriptions of what you are thinking at that time. Having so much experience as you do, you can draw on it to give different perspectives on these experiences.

I've read about your appreciation of positives in the Mennonite world one day, as well as the downsides on another, as an example. I see clear thinking in your posts, but also the ability to see the many facets there are to these experiences. It's that ability to see so many sides to a single issue that's rare. (and perhaps that is what makes a few folks write negative responses? Multifaceted viewpoints make them uncomfortable?)

I really appreciate the honesty you have in thinking and writing - I learn a lot - and its not sugar coated and single sided, so it seems a lot more real to me. Thank you for your posts.
Janette said…
I am sorry that others feel that telling you what you feel fulfills their need.
I enjoy your blog. It makes me reflect on where I am and what I am doing.
Thank you for sharing yourself- truthfully.
ellemenope said…
It seems to me that people who would criticize a post that you wrote about not being afraid to be your genuine self, may be struggling with their own feelings of identity. They feel threatened by your honesty. It is truly a gift to be introspective and admit that you aren't always perfect and struggle with some issues of self. I appreciate that you are honest about that in your blog.
Lisa said…
Today's photo of the ice water is cool! As for folks wanting you to include THEIR feelings and experiences in YOUR posts, tell them to write their own blog! It is a huge accomplishment when I am able to recognize and express my OWN self, I sure can't include everyone else. Love you just the way you are! Lisa in NM
Mrs.T said…
Patty..
I've been reading your blog for a while now.
I think I've said this before and I keep on say it..

This is your blog..your life.. period..
Some time I read your stuff like this and it seems your apologizing for being honest with who are what you are.. you are human..
And humans are not perfect and we have struggles and each of us has had moments of "what do I do now?"
Its the human experience..its life happening..

Your happy with your life.. and that is all that counts..
Nay sayers be gone!

Hugs from TN
Denise
R. Aastrup said…
Patty--keep on being yourself =)

Popular Posts