New Curtains

Most of the time I have no curtains up. I like the sunshine streaming in the windows so I don't cover them up and Emery has built the nicest cedar window frames and sills for me and I hate to hide them. In California I had natural color Priscilla curtains in my dining room window (actually I think you can see them in a picture of Melissa on her birthday post of June 8th)
My mother always had sheer ruffled Priscilla's in her windows and I loved them. Perhaps I like these curtains because they do remind me of my childhood and of my mother. Anyway...I ordered new curtains for the living room last week and they arrived today and oh how I love them ! Just suits my living room so well. They have a nice broad ruffle and pretty bow tie backs. The curtains are nice and full in the windows, making the room seem so cottage like. I even like how they look from the outside, looking in !
New curtains are just what I needed. This simple change made the whole room look brand new and somehow the room needed a little boost. It sure was cheaper than getting new furniture and easier than repainting walls or putting down new flooring : )

Comments

Angelena said…
They look wonderful. Like you I also like the natural light to come in. But sometimes in the summer when it is hot we close the curtains to keep our home cooler.
Anonymous said…
They do look "cottage like" *big smile!

I love lace curtains blowing in a breeze!

I don't do much decorating except for my blog...I just gave it a shot in the arm this weekend with new decor...call me silly but it has helped my attitude...LOL!

Hope you are having a wonderful day!☺
Dana and Daisy said…
They are so pretty Patty!

I recently took down white curtains at the cabin and put up green ones. Thought I needed some color. It was amazing how it transformed the room.

I haven't posted pics yet, because they need to be hemmed and new rods hung first. I promise to get it done and post soon! But I notice how much lighter and airier the white curtains are. But my new ones will go on rods above the window and pull all the way back revealing the entire view out the window, so I'm happy about that!

I don't blame you for not wanting to cover up the woodwork. It was a hard decision for me.

Popular Posts