New Shoes


All my life I have been a sensible shoe type person. I think in my adult life I have had a couple pairs of heels, and wore them only a couple times. And that was in my 20's-30's . Other than that, its been healthy shoes all the way.
I wanted something that was somewhere in between comfort "healthy" and cute so I opted for a pair of ECCO shoes. Nice to walk around in and yet still good for the feet. They are not chic per say, but better than my orange crocs or brown tie up earth shoes for date night : ) I'll admit the Velcro on these new shoes sort of scared me...seems kind of old lady-ish, and I have said for years I will not have Velcro on my shoes until I am too old to bend over and buckle or tie my shoes....but I went for it anyway.
Mei-Ling just had to have these cute little pink (almost raspberry pink) patent leather shoes from France. Just had to get them for her. So it turned out to be a shoe week for both Grammie and grandbaby.

Comments

Carrie J said…
I quit wearing heels years ago when I was chasing babies around. Before kids I used to wear really high glamorous heels even though I am a shade over 6 ft. I recently bought a pair of dress shoes with what I think they call a kitten heel, only about 1 1/2 inch heel. I love them.
I know what you mean about the Velcro but maybe you'll feel better knowing that even some of the shoes that my 20 year old daughter has bought has it across the toe area just like yours. She is all about fashion so I guess it depends on what you like.
Joyce said…
Those little pink shoes are adorable!
jodie said…
I like the ECCO shoes, sensible, but still smart enough. And don't worry about the velcro, there is still a buckle you need to master to do them up! Mei Ling's are very cute!
JacquiG said…
It was a broken ankle that put an end to my days of wearing high heels. 14 years later I now wear some heels, but nothing like I used to. Nowadays I struggle to find something that doesn't hurt my feet - what can feel comfortable walking around the store becomes painful after a full day. Oh the trials of getting older!!!

Those Ecco shoes look nice, and the shoes for Mei-Ling .. just too cute!!
Charity Grace said…
This has nothing to do with shoes, but I love your new header!
Patty said…
Thanks Charity Grace, its one of my favorite pictures too. Just an afternoon lunch in my back yard. I think we need to be surrounded by things that make us smile.
Anonymous said…
The Eccos are certainly not old-lady shoes, and the sweet pink shoes are most definitely Grammie shoes!! She will look so sweet in them!
Patty said…
Thanks Housemouse, I was hoping they didn't look like old lady shoes. I feel better now
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts