Lentil Loaf with Shredded Wheat

From the book
Caring Kitchen Recipes: Vegetarian Cuisine
~By Gloria Lawson~

1 med - large onion chopped fine
2 stalks celery, chopped fine (1 cup )
2 cups lentils, cooked and drained
1 cup tofu, crumbled
3/4 cup walnuts, ground
1 cup soy milk
1/2 teaspoon sage
2 Tablespoons chicken seasoning
1 teaspoon Maggi ( I use Braggs amino acids)
1/2 teaspoon garlic
1/4 onion salt, ( I skip this )
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 "shredded Wheat" the big biscuits, crumble fine
Mix well and bake in covered, greased loaf pan or baking dish. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
Remove lid and bake additional 15 minutes. Turn off the oven and let set 10-15 minutes longer. Put lid back on until ready to serve.

Is this the same recipe you were looking for Novascotiagal ?

Comments

novascotiagal said…
LOL! Pretty close! Mine had walnuts and onion and shredded wheat too- it didn't have tofu, but that would be a nutritious addition, and a couple of extra seasonings like the Maggi's wasn't there, but those are minor changes - if tastes pretty much the same, even non veggie people tended to like it. I'll give it a try!
Thanks!

I can't even remember where it came from originally - it didn't come from my Moosewood books... that's why I'm pleased to see something so like it again. I think I lost the handwritten paper I had years ago.

Popular Posts