Wild flowers of Texas




This evening was just perfect for a walk. My husband and I went to a field where there are lots of wild flowers in bloom. The Indian paint brush are so bright in this particular spot. However, there is always a strong wind that whips across the prairie and tonight was no exception. It was hard to get a good picture with such a strong wind blowing the flowers. The wine cups (mallow family) are such a deep purple and so pretty but they are on dainty little stems which allows the wind to really blow them around. Its still a bit fuzzy in the picture but you can get the idea of what they look like.
The pink evening primrose are everywhere in this field right now. Just so pretty this time of year. The yarrow is just about to bloom. I did step in some thistle which was a bit unpleasant since my feed were clad in sandals. Teach me to not watch were I am walking.

Comments

Lucy said…
I am impressed by aalll the flowers.. Here is the nature still bejhind because of teh cold westher :c(.. I have two trees in the garden who have beautifull pink blossoms. I hope the weather is this week turning into a warmer temp. so that they will bloom when Bonnie is here !
Finn said…
Such beautiful flowers Patty, I love knowing you are in spring time while we have set to see the first green anything...*VBS*

Popular Posts