Seasons Change and So Do I ....


In winter, when the wood stove is burning brightly and soup is simmering on top, the house is decorated with deep blues and reds. The curtains are made of homespun, and quilts hang on the backs of the couches. Tea is served in heavy pottery and candles burn brightly as if to chase away the dark.
But as soon as spring arrives and comes with the promise of summer to come, the drapes are changed, the pillows on the couches changed from deep hues to light colors with roses all over them. The heavy pottery put away in the welsh cupboard and the pretty delicate china is brought out. Food is fancier and lighter. No more Indian puddings or heavy dark breads. I seem to change all things when the seasons change. Bed linens are white now with deep crochet lace edgings and fine hand work. The down comforters put away with the darker color sheets until next fall. My days now are spent out in the gardens, playing in the dark rich soil and watching the clouds over head.
Seasons change and so do I....

Comments

You have that song stuck in my head now, Patty!
La Tea Dah said…
Very pretty! And we have two sets of dishes alike! For two sides of our personalities. . .the Folk Art and the Old Country Roses. I love your roses pictures and can hardly wait until mine bloom also. Do you have any Simplicity hedge roses? I have two red plants and 30 pink ones. They bloom all summer long until the first major frost. I love them!
Pam said…
Spring is a special season. Most of the time the winter is so dark and rainy here - the sky is black by 4:00 in the afternoon. The bright sun shining at supper and the red sunset just brighten me up.

I just love the pictures of the roses. We have about 18 rose bushes but it is way too early for even a bud. Thanks for sharing your roses now.
Pam in Canada
Inga said…
Your roses are so lovely! It will be until July before my roses will bloom (if they're ever gonna bloom) :-)

Inga

Popular Posts