Simplify Simplify


Time to stick to my resolve to make my life simpler.
Today in about an hours time I had several trash bags full of things to go to Goodwill and had listed at least 15 things on our local counties FreeCycle. The picture shows the things going to others from the FreeCycle list.
I feel better already.
The rest of the day I will spend going through THINGS. Stuff that becomes a burden and does not reflect the life of someone who wants to have their treasures in Heaven and not on earth. Matthew 6:19 makes a good read.
Last night I had a dream, now I am not one of those people that thinks my dreams have profound meaning.I don't own any dream interpretation books, or stuff like that. Most of my dreams are just silly things that I forget 10 minutes after I wake up. But last night my dream was one of those different ones, the kind you know you will never forget and you can recall every single detail for a very long time. The kind of dream that when you think about it, you feel the same emotions you felt while dreaming it. In my lifetime I have probably had a handful of those dreams and they have always impacted me greatly in some way or another.
The dream I had last night was about making right choices and facing my decisions. It was a serious dream with consequences. Its making me think about lots of things today.
On a side note, its supposed to be 99 degrees out today. No air conditioners in this house now. So its plenty hot. Monday is bread baking day for me and to be honest I am dreading having the oven on.
I worked in the garden early to avoid the heat. Still I came in sweaty and dirty. The hem of my skirt looking more dirt color than light blue.
Onward and forward to getting rid of THINGS, especially the ones with dust on them !

Comments

Cher said…
this is the time of year I am most likely to, like you, clear needless stuff out! Good for you to be ruthless and get rid of stuff.
Finn said…
Hi Patty, sending lots of cool WI springtime hugs and understanding your way.
Probably there is no way for you to know how happy your post today makes me...*VBS* None of it has anything to "do" with me, just you, but still I find myself smiling with my heart also *VBS* Hugs, Finn
Patty said…
Finn, I wish your cool weather would make it this way. I would be more than happy to send you some warm weather in exchange !
Patty said…
Cher, I am feeling real good about this spring cleaning, being ruthless is invigorating !

Popular Posts