A Morning Stroll Through the Gardens




I do hope you are not all tiring of seeing more roses each day, but when I walk in the rose garden, each bloom so miraculously made, its just impossible to pass them by with camera in hand.
Its another lovely day here. Sunny, birds singing in chorus. Glimpses of red and blue flash through the trees as cardinals and blue jays seek the perfect branch to land on. Crows call over head, talking to one another with no regard who hears their bird gossip.
The chickens are busy scouring the land for juicy morsels. I have even seem them go after small snakes.
Solomon the rooster calls his ladies to some treat that he has discovered. Such a gentleman this rooster is...when he finds a treat, he will not touch it until his ladies have had first choice.
Each time I step outside, I can see so plainly the way the garden will look in the years to come. Meandering walk ways, lined with lavender, iris, mexican sage, foxglove, hollyhocks and the like. Climbing roses on each fence. Wisteria dripping from roof edges on the outbuildings. Its such a transition to be seeing our land no longer pastures and pens, filled with sheep, goats, ponies and the like. Each season in life has its own beauty and now is the time for flowers and trees. I wonder some times if the grandchildren we will have would prefer long summer afternoons swinging in hammocks or having tea parties with Teddy bears and dolls in the shade of thee oak trees planted in a circle or if they would rather milk a goat and gather eggs at Grandmothers house ?
We are slowly planting a little enchanted forest in the back of the property. Filling it with Pine trees and oaks. A place for great childhood adventures and a place where the love of nature can be cultivated in the minds and hearts of little ones.
Now its time for morning tea...

Comments

Hi, Patty.
Sometimes I wonder when I visit your blog if it is reality or a dream!

Don't know if you've seen these on our blog, but I want to share them with you. My 8 year old took these photos last summer. She would love to walk in your gardens!
http://natureinourbackyard.blogspot.com/2006/02/flowers.html
ForestJane said…
Never get tired of seeing your roses... just wish my computer had scent-O-vision!
Granny said…
Patty, is that purple/white flower a hollyhock? If so, would you save me some seeds? That is gorgeous. I have yellow and deep pink hollyhocks at home (if the weeds haven't taken over) but how do you keep them from taking over the entire garden? I'm betting I should cut them after they flower and not let them go to seed to be scattered to the wind.

Thanks!

Judy L.
Patty said…
The purple plant is a delphinium (sp?) I have just planted new hollyhock this year. As a certain son of mine pulled the old ones all up, after they had bloomed, thinking he was helping me in the garden last year.
I was so unhappy. They do seem to spread don't they ?

Popular Posts