Its Good Friday, Where Are Your Thoughts ?


Good Friday is a day that we shouldn't let slip by. Its not a day to go about our regular busy life without thinking about what took place on this day. No matter what you believe, the day remembers a powerful story.
Its nice we call this day "good" it eases the conscience and helps us to forget that we are the ones that hammered in the nails with our sins. I was thinking this morning that if I had committed a serious crime, was tried and convicted, but in the court room, there stood a perfectly innocent person who demanded to take my punishment. Would I smile and be happy, or would my heart be heavy, sad and refuses to accept such a sacrifice ?

Even if you are not a Christian, the story of the crucifixion is compelling. But if you are a Christian, it should be life changing.
Today should be a day of self reflection. The slate has been washed clean for you. Have you even thought about it today ? Are you feasting and laughing and forgetting that such a day ever took place ?
Sunday you can rejoice, but today we should all think about this day and what its all about.
I am going to do something I hate, watch The Passion of Christ. That movie is so hard to watch. So painful, but it calls you to be better, to be grateful, to be filled with compassion for others.
Remember today for what it is.

Comments

dot said…
Thanks for the writting today. This is a day do comtemplation. To think about what our Lord did for us, and what I am often times afraid to do for Him. Thanks.
Unknown said…
I couldn't have said it any better. God Bless and this most special day.

Popular Posts