Simply Bananas


Today was down right HOT. 97 degrees F (36C) in our yard to be exact.
This is not our normal spring weather.
I made a simple supper of General Tao's Tofu
as found on
http://letsgetsconed.blogspot.com/2006/04/general-taos-tofu.html
and steamed some rice to go with it.
After a busy day of gardening we all wanted something to cool us off. I got the Champion Juicer out and we made Banana "Ice Cream". All it is, is frozen banana's put through the Champion Juicer using the homogenizer attachment. So good and healthy too. We topped it off by sprinkling some date sweetened carob chips on top. It was so yummy and totally guilt free. My Champion Juicer is about 23 years old. Not long ago Melanie and I were in a health food store and they had some Champion Juicers for sale. Nice new ones. There was one that was bright white and Melanie asked if ours was once that color and had just changed to off white since it was so old ! No, it came in off white. But it has had plenty of use in the last two decades. Not sure I would know how to live without it.
Reading..."The Joy of Living and Dying in Peace"

music....."Baroque" some compilation CD
Iced water next to me

Comments

La Tea Dah said…
LOL! I looked at your picture and thought "oh, hers is white yet". I guess looks are deceiving, as you mentioned it had yellowed. Mine has too. It must be a signature thing for Champion! The banana ice looks great!
Coupon Queen said…
I wish that they still made sturdy appliances like that today. Some of my best kitchen gadgets are somewhat over the hill, but they still work great.

Popular Posts