Sleepy Sunday


We had big plans today, but when I woke up just as the sun was peeking over the horizon, Emery suggested maybe we just sleep a bit longer. I was more than happy to roll over and sleep a bit more. Funny thing is, I slept a lot longer. Till almost 11 am. Which for me is something like a miracle. Both Emery and I are on the go people and taking a lazy day is not very common.

We had a wonderful evening last night. Drove into Ft Worth and went to World Market then over to Central Market. We each got a kiddie size serving of Gelato, which is fresh made right there . Mine was Violet and it was really good. Not like any familiar taste but delightful to be sure. We sat on the patio to savor each bite slowly. There was a wonderful group of musicians playing French Cafe music. There was an older couple dancing, old lovers you could tell, he had on a white panama hat and she was dressed to the hilt and he could see no one other than her and she had eyes only for him. It was a perfect night. The air soft and that temperature somewhere between cool and warm, but could never be described by such a hum drum word as lukewarm. It was a magical night there. Easy conversations at all the tables and occasionally some robust laughter. The music pulled you into another time and place. A gentler slower pace.
We purchased some warm bread and cheese that begged to be purchased, flavored with herbs. Wine bottles sat on just about every table. Children played and toddlers danced to the music, all with the same little swaying first dance step that seems universal for little ones. Parents and those near by laughed and cheered them on.
In the market there is are so many tempting prepared foods. One such thing was a goat cheese and mushroom Quesadilla's. We had to try it and are we glad we did. It was so good, we split one serving which was plenty considering what else we had.
Soon the little band was packing up so we strolled across the parking lot to the book store and shopped for a bit. It was late when we got home but we vowed to go back next week. Next time I will take my camera so I can share the night with you folks.

There was no hike today, just a lazy day for me. Some cooking, some reading, some just sitting listening to Lorenna McKennit sing.
Emery worked in the yard. I heard sounds of a chain saw, lawn mower and knew there was a happy busy man at work on the land that he loves.

The picture has nothing to do with anything except that its one of my favorite pictures of our cat. I took it when she was a kitten, sitting in my knitting basket. The light was perfect for creating a mysterious looking cat. She is a sweet kitten, although she looks a bit sinister in the photo.


Comments

ForestJane said…
Funny, I put a lazy lounging around picture of my cat on my blog for Sunday too... lol

Popular Posts