Prayers Answered


When Melanie came home yesterday to tell me that Casimer asked her to marry him, her excitement level was greater than I had ever seen it. We really like him so it was easy for me to get all excited right along with her. Fortunately, both our girls have picked good guys and for that we are so glad.
When the girls were babies, my husband and I started praying that God would be preparing just the right husbands for them. We prayed that faithfully through the years. Finding the right man is so important. In the last year I started praying harder for Melanie to find Mr. Right. She just seemed to be missing something in her life and from my side of the road it seemed like she was in need of her soul mate.
The circumstances to her meeting Casi are nothing but miraculous. Even they see that ! And he is just the one for her. Melanie is diabetic, has been since she was age 7, so there are perhaps more needs in her life than some 23 year old girls. He is the man to handle it all for her. He has a compassionate heart and the ability to care for Melanie. Emery and I went to bed last night thanking God for finding the right man that will give us have peace of mind knowing that Melanie will be properly looked after in the years to come and have a life filled with love.
Emery is a loving father and as happy as he is to see Melanie engaged, he went out back, just like he did when James called and asked him if he could have permission to ask Melissa to marry him, Emery found his quiet spot and shed a few tears. His little girl is leaving home soon. His little girl is getting married.
And today I find myself looking back through the years, amazed to think how fast they have gone by. But most of all I am thankful Emery and I prayed together, kneeling by our bed each night hand in hand, asking God to prepare for our daughters, good men. Really good men, upright, moral, ethical, hard working and loving.

Comments

Pam said…
Congrats to all of you! It is so important to be praying for our children's future spouses. I forget to do that a lot...thanks for reminding me!

Grace & Peace
Pam
Tracey said…
Congratulations to your whole family. I, too, pray for the future dh for my girls. It's so reassuring that He has everything under control, isn't it? :o)
Sunny said…
The girls have a good example in Em of what to look for in a man.

Popular Posts