Saturday's News



It was a stormy Friday night in North Texas, and we went to bed amid thunder, lightening, hail and tornado warnings. We woke to more rain and thunder.

While the morning the sky was dark and foreboding, we headed off to the Feed store to get grain for the chickens and on the way we talked about getting goats again. With this empty nest happening soon, we just think having some goats again might be a good idea.
I have been missing drinking goats milk and being able to make my own cheese and having goats would help fill up my day.
While at the feed store I took a couple pictures. One of the feed stores grain storage and then of some what we call TEXAS OREOS grazing in the pasture near the feed store.
As we were driving out of the loading area, my dear husband asked me where one might look at Pfaff sewing machines. Oddly enough, I knew just the place ! We drove there and he had me try out several models to see which one I might like at some point in time. I found one that would do what I needed.
He asked the lady to write up a receipt.
I now have my very first NICE sewing machine. It is a dream to sew on. How much fun it will be to sew little grand-baby things on this machine in the years to come and so much nicer for quilting than what I had been using. Right now I am convinced my dear husband is the sweetest man on this earth. After that, he took me out to eat at my favorite Chinese restaurant. What a splendid day.
I surely feel blessed. I set right to watching the CD on how to operate this wonderful machine and then threaded it and off I went. Next Thursday I will have a private class on how to operate it and use all the functions.
I was so excited about getting my new machine that we left the quilt shop without even looking at Fabric !

By the way, the sky had cleared and was sunny when we left Sandy's Quilt Shop, surely some sort of sign that owning a Pfaff is a good thing indeed.
.

Comments

dot said…
Sounds like a wonderful day. Enjoy your new machine.
Leah Spencer said…
Patty! That's just so exciting that you have such a nice machine!! What a wonderful guy you have. :)

Ahh yes, it would be nice to live in a log cabin home too. Do they come with plug sockets? I only ask so I can hook up my computer and sewing machine! ;)
Patty said…
Leah, they will do all the electrical work for you ! So you can have a log cabin : )
uhoava gnu said…
What a nice day you had! Sewing machine is such a pleasure if it's good one - or such a misery, if it's not. My machine started her way being a pleasure, but it has become more like a misery.. Though, it was very very cheap.

Enjoyable quilting!
Ann said…
Congratulations, Patty.....he definitely sounds like a keeper...lol, I realize you've kept him quite a while already! hehe. I remember getting my first nice machine.....that was like 7 years ago and I'm still in love with it! Enjoy!
Hi Patty, What a lovely man! and the machine is not bad either:) What did you decide about the goats?
Melzie said…
Congrats on your new machine! And on the great day you had. xoxo melzie
Unknown said…
You lucky ducky, Mr Emery is a sweetie, what a wonderful surprise, your new machice is wonderful. I know you will have fun sewing with it and I can see you making lot's of baby clothes and many quilts...Hugs Tina
Granny said…
Oh, my! You got a Pfaff! I'm entering the "Do You EQ?" contest with my fingers crossed because the prize is a Pfaff! Give Emery a great big hug from ME!! That is so nice that he did that for you.

My old Bernina is needing repairs and I looked at machines at Paducah but just couldn't bring myself to buy one. Tonight mine is sounding really sad and I'm kinda holding my breath while I sew, hoping it makes it.

Judy L.
Patti said…
Patty, I'm so thrilled you have a new machine. You will adore your Pfaff. I've had one for about seven years now. The walking foot is just the best. What a sweet thing for your husband to do.

My folks sold their house in Seattle and built a little log cabin on Whidbey Island in Puget Sound when they retired. I always loved that little home.
Alena said…
patty, congrats on your new machine, i hope you enjoy it... you certainly will :o)
take care...
Inga said…
Congratulations with your new machine! I also have a Pfaff and I'm very satisfied with it. Enjoy your sewing.

Inga
Anonymous said…
I've had a Pfaff for many many years - simply the best machine to sew on! You'll have many hours of pleasure using it. Your Emery is so sweet :-)

Popular Posts