Saturday Ramble


Its that kind of laid back Saturday when the whole world looks great. I haven't a care in the world kind of feeling. Maybe its the way Santana playing on the stereo makes me feel. Its just happy music. I danced the entire time I did dishes and fixed lunch. Of course I had the sound up to Max and on my system that is pretty loud. But Santana just begs to be played with the volume cranked up. Today I have Supernatural and their Anniversary CD's playing. A great mix of sounds. Music just makes the mood. I have such a varied collection of music. Something to suit my many moods. No rap or hip hop though or heavy metal. Too old for that stuff.
In the last week I have listened to these CD's from my own collection...

The Andrews Sisters (Best of the Andrews Sisters)
Kodo Drummers
Ravi Shankar (The Ravi Shankar Collection)
Red Thunder (Red Thunder)

Bach (Mad about Bach)
Martin Best This Yule ( i know its not christmas time but I love that CD so much)
Josh Groban (Closer)
Phil Collins ( a mix)
Donovan (Greatest Hits)
Cat Stevens ( Buddha and the Chocolate Box)
Enya (not sure of the name)
Bonjour France (Cafe Music )
Lorenna McKennitt (Book of Secrets)
Chants I & II
Andrea Bocelli (Viaggio Itlaniano)
Mahamaya Shri Durga ( Remixed)
Iron Butterfly (In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida)
Brooks and Dunn (Red Dirt Road)
Fleetwood Mac (Rumors)
John Michael Talbot (Table of Plenty)

Vivaldi (Four Seasons)
Zen Tranquility

I am sure there was more since music is always playing in this house but those are what I know for sure.

Haystacks were on the menu today. I had cooked up a large batch of Cuban style black beans and they were so good with all the "fixins" My husband lived in Hialeah Florida for years and grew to love Cuban food and to be honest I do too.

Drinking Greek Iced Coffee and you can just imagine I need caffeine : ) Watch out world !
Emery bought me another new rose bush last night, its a shrub rose called "Carefree Delight" and that is just what it is. You are seeing a picture of one of its roses. Brennon is laying on my little table outside looking pretty lazy. He does however seem to have a paw on the spade as if to say, "ya, I'll get to it sometime". He is a funny cat. Extremely friendly and does tricks. He was a wild kitten but somehow Melanie was able to tame him. He is one of our more sociable cats.

Off to plant some more mint, more hollyhocks, Cantebury bells and weed the front flower beds.




Comments

Popular Posts