Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Bird watching





Our bird feeders that are just 4 ft from my computer room window is a busy place. On any given day I can see over a dozen different kinds of birds, such as, House finch, gold finch, purple finch, tufted titmouse, chickadees, blue jay, cardinals, Inca doves, morning doves, downy woodpeckers, red bellied woodpeckers, and a few more that are less frequent visitors. I never tire of watching them. Its one of the pleasures of this simple life, time to enjoy the beauty of nature. Before the rain fell today, I spread out a blanket and watched the clouds roll in, changing every moment. Staying in the house, just wasn't an option for me when everything was so beautiful.

a morning dove

a chickadee

a tufted titmouse

the clouds

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

A {{hug}} and a smile from another avid birdwatcher -- I liked the woodpecker in your last entry, too.
Happy New Year, Patty!
Jeanne :)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a nice relaxing day!!I love your bird pictures.

keiko said...

Happy New Year, Patty!
You can watch such beautiful birds from your window, you are lucky. I like bird watching too. But we can find limitted species of birds in Japanese town. keiko

Anonymous said...

The chickadee is my favorite---what a blessing to have time to watch the birds.....

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you that I haven't commented ever, but I have been stopping by yor blog daily for about a month now and I think you are incredible! Your pictures are beautiful and your words calm me and make me remember what is really important. Not sure why I chose today to tell you this, but I did :) Happy New Year and congratuations on the 2 new blessings in your life that will be arriving soon :)

Kelli said...

Patty, I enjoyed seeing pictures of your feathered friends. I saw my first tufted titmouse last winter and think they are beautiful! We all enjoy watching birds and the girls put out whole walnuts for our squirrel "Walnut" each morning. :0)
Kelli

Lucy said...

Beatiful pictures Patty.. I am a bridwatcher too :-)) .... ANd it is great to see what kind of birds you see in your garden ...

Sunday Blessings

Soft music, the gentle kind of music that makes you feel content with life... the view from the window as I sit and spin at the wheel makes ...