Barn Bonnet

The cold weather and the ice storm is just a little ways off. In preparation, I got my Barn Bonnet done last night except for the ties which I finished this morning.
Many years ago I had made one of these barn bonnets from some homespun camel hair that I had. It was such a nice warm hat to wear when doing chores. The little flap on the neck kept the chill out.
I used a store bought moth proofed yarn for this one, as the moths had taken a few bites from the old one.
I have some spun angora rabbit hair that I hope to make another barn bonnet with.
The pattern is simple and worked up fast. It comes from the winter 1993 issue of Spin-Off magazine

my new barn bonnet on top of the wood pile in the living room

Comments

Gina said…
That barn bonnet is so sweet. Can you tell me where you found the pattern.
Patty said…
Hi Gina, it comes from the winter issue of a 1993 Spin-Off magazine. The orignal pattern calls for a picot edge around the face but I did a roll on this one since it makes it look a bit more modern.
Anonymous said…
Dear Patty, Would you be willing to give the barn bonnet instructions? I could sure use something like that to wear in the warehouse where I work.
smilnsigh said…
It's now the 13th. I hope you weathered the ice storm, well. Oh I do so dislike ice storms. -sigh-

I suppose therefore, I should stop whining about no snow. :-)

'MN'
Anonymous said…
I love the barn bonnet. I will have to study the picture and have a go at making one myself.

Popular Posts