Baby Afghan Done






Finally finished the edging on the baby afghan for Melanie and Casi's baby. I can just imagine seeing this precious bundle to be, all wrapped up in it.
For now, I had to content myself with putting a doll with the blanket !
When we know what this little one will be, then I will make either a pink of blue sweater to go with the afghan. My mother always made this great little sweater called the "quickie baby sweater" made with worster weight yarn which makes it work up very fast. My mother had made several for my girls and I loved them. Its fun making the same things for my grandbaby that my own mother made for her grandchildren.

Comments

JacquiG said…
What a beautiful afghan! The edging with bands of colours gives it a really nice finishing touch.

Jackie in ON
Anonymous said…
It looks lovely Patty.

Jodie
Anonymous said…
Pat, it is beautiful. How fun to be making things for your grandbabies.
Anonymous said…
I love the edges and the blanket is wonderful. I love the double wedding ring quilt it's sitting on too :-) My mum hates knitting so all my baby stuff was knitted by moi. I'm really looking forward to knitting for Rachael!
Lucy said…
You made it is fast !!It is beautifull.. and yes how fun to make the same as your mother did !! This is the history from the woman hè :-))
Anonymous said…
The blanket is just beautiful, what a keepsake...
Anonymous said…
Your baby blanket is beautiful!!! I love how you finished the edges.
Anonymous said…
Lovely afghan. It is so wonderful to know that you'll be working with a pattern that your mother used!
How can I say it any better than the above comments? They are all so true.
It's always an inspiration to see another souls creativity! Just lovely!!!
Anonymous said…
The afghan is beautiful, perfect, fresh, inviting --- so very lovely! I imagine you can hardly wait until the new little one is cozied up in it!!!!!
Anonymous said…
Lovely Afghan. A nice gift for your grandchild

Inga

Popular Posts