Vacation Time





Emery started his vacation today !
Lots of fun things around home planned for the upcoming week and work on some projects around the house that we want done. Today though, was just simply a fun day. We went for lunch and do some garden shopping. It was great seeing all the fall displays, so colorful. Emery tilled this afternoon so tomorrow we can plant a few things. I saw peanut pumpkins (middle photo) for the first time ever in the garden shop. We ended up buying a small pomegranate bush and some of the vegetable seed we needed. Emery and I had a great lunch from Cafe On The Run, goat cheese quesadillas, with rice and dessert of gelato. And yes, I did have a buy a bottle of Harvest Moon pumpkin ale to go with my meal. Had two sips and that was it. Something I had made my face feel on fire and turn as red as a fire truck. With a bit of ice applied I was fine in no time, but it sure was weird. Never had that happen before. (a little note here, it was the sips of beer that made my face red, a reaction to acetaldehyde, serves me right )There was live music on the patio too.
Just so you will know, I am working on changing my blog look for fall and the photos of the family will be back on the side of the blog again. Didn't take them off due to fear or in relation to the link about blogging safety.

.

Comments

Dawn said…
I changed my blog for the fall and it deleted all my links..again...lol.
Dont use WishAFriend or Pyzam for new templates or it will destroy or your links.

I will be in Grandview tomorrow morning. I can't wait. :-)

Sometime this month or maybe early October my hubby plans on visiting the church so that will be a real treat for me....and him...and God...lol.
I recently got some A capella CD's and we listened to them in the car yesterday and he fell in love with the music. He was like 'this is so peaceful and calming, I wish this was played at my church'. I told him 'if you think this is nice, you should come with me on a Sunday to hear the real thing'. :) So he is...just don't know what Sunday yet. :-)

Bless you. Have a good Sunday with the hubby!!!

~Dawn
Aunt Jenny said…
I am so clueless about changing my blog looks..and havn't done it forever since last time I lost all the stuff I had on there...but I am ready to try again soon.
I love your pictures from today..what are the warty looking pumpkin/squash in the one picture? I have never seen any like that! I need to get out all my fall decorations this week. I make myself wait until almost the first of Oct...so I don't get tired of it..with two full months of it...before the Christmas stuff comes out.I am ready now though!!
Have a nice relaxing Sunday!
Patty said…
Hi Aunt Jenny, the bumpy pumpkins are the peanut pumpkins. If you click the photo, it enlarges it and you can see that close up they look like a regular pumpkin that has peanust growing on it, very strange and not something I had ever seen before.
Susan Godfrey said…
Looks like you had a good time! You always have the nicest pictures =-) Where were they taken at? My boys would love all the different kinds of pumpkins. The peanut pumpkins are really strange looking =-)

Sorry to hear about your face, it's always a strange feeling when things like that happen and there's no explaination.

I hope you're enjoying a nice and peaceful Sunday at your house. We're enjoying the cooler weather and have a picnic planned for this evening. Have a great day!
Dana and Daisy said…
Hi Patty. I am back home now. Thank you for your kind message on my blog.

I hope to go to the pumpkin patch today too!

I also have a reaction to alcohol and I think it is from having rosacea for me. Do you ever have that problem? I am sure I spelled it wrong.
Patty said…
Hi Dana,
I had a reaction to the autumn brew, its a chemical reaction, natural but still a chemical called acetaldehyde. Glad I just took two sips of the beer and wondered if it was making me feel hot, and later found out that it was indeed the culprit. Serves me right for having some !
Patty said…
Hi Susan, we were at Galloways nursery on Hulen yesterday and they had every kind of pumpkin you could imagine and squashes too.
Margo in Maine said…
Enjoyed your Fall pics so much...Fall is in the air here in Maine...54 degrees tonight but we had a frost a couple of nights ago...
The Stricklands said…
How fun to have your sweetie home with you for a whole week! We are leaving in a few days to take our little ones to the mountains. We will get home and move the next day - aaaagh!!! Our little vacation will definitely be the calm before the storm :0) I love, love the pumpkin pictures! This is my favorite time of year - always worth waiting for!

Popular Posts