I Love Our Town

Today as I was driving from our post office on one main road in our town, I saw a group of about 6 men standing in a circle near some land with a FOR SALE sign posted on it, and they were praying, unashamedly praying, heads bowed, by the side of a busy road. You could imagine they were either considering buying the land or had already and were asking for Gods blessing.
I smiled, thinking how nice that was to see and then just a few more yards up this same road, hay was being cut in a field and it smelled so good. A bit beyond that, the ditch that goes along the road was filled with sunflowers....dots of vibrant yellow everywhere. It was just one feel good moment after another as I headed off to the feed store. Made me think about counting my blessings and here are a few more for the day.
That Emery and I had lots of laughs this morning before he headed off to work, silly jokes that just made the morning extra good.
Blueberry pancakes on yellow plates, and hand holding at the breakfast table.
Dropping by to see Melanie and Mei-Ling.
Chatting with Melissa
Knowing Steven is busy at work, just the way he likes to be.
Finding a buck to breed our does to.
Windows open, and a breeze blowing.
A truck load of manure being delivered this afternoon.
The serenity of watering my herb garden this morning and smelling so many good scents.
Hugs from a grand-baby and a big kiss.
Stopping by Emery's office to say hello.
Freedom.
Fall colored mums newly planted in the window box.
and so much more.

if you happen to think of it, could you say a prayer for my sister Jan, she is going through several very difficult situations right now.

Melissa taking her uncle for a ride up our road several years ago

Comments

Sylvia K said…
It helps every day to be aware of all the positive, fun, joyful and fulfilling things in one's life. I try to make it a habit.
I'll hold good thoughts for your sister.
Susan Godfrey said…
This so beautiful Patty, thanks for the reminder to be thankful in all things! I needed it today!

Prayers going up for Jan!

Hugs & Blessings!
Susan
Dawn said…
That reminded me of last month, no, it was late July and hubby and I were having lunch at Panera Bread and there were these 2 gentlemen next to us who sat down and bowed their heads and prayed over their food.
I about wanted to hug them...lol. I rarely see people pray over their food anymore, it's so sad.

You have had such a blessed day today, praise the Lord!

Will keep Jan in my prayers.

God Bless,
Dawn
I am praying for your sister Jan, Patty. And thanks for all the happy and uplifting things you have on your blog and share from your life...It lifts the heart.
Janette said…
Praying for your sister
2 LMZ FARMS said…
This day and time, people think one should only pray in churches, how sad. Thanks for the uplifting post. I have added your sister Jan to my prayer list. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.

Popular Posts