Life's Weaving






Life's Weaving
Life is but a weaving
between my God and me;
I may not choose the colors,
He knows what they should be.
For He can view the pattern
Upon the upper side,
While I can see it only
On this, the under side.
Sometimes He weaveth sorrow,
Which seemeth strange to me;
But I will trust His judgment,
And work on faithfully.
'Tis He who fills the shuttle,
He knows just what is best;
So I shall weave in earnest
And leave with Him the rest.
At last, when life is ended,
With Him I shall abide,
And I may view the pattern
Upon the upper side,
Then I shall know the reason
Why pain with joy entwined,
Was woven in the fabric
Of life that God designed

~Author Unknown~

Comments

clairz said…
Love the new fall look on your blog, love the weaving photos, and love the poem. Beautiful work, as always.
Dana and Daisy said…
Patty, you know this one sings to my heart!
Have a great day! love, dana
MiSScNeLLY said…
Wow! How very beautiful.
Angela said…
Did you do these weavings? They are gorgeous. My sister has several looms and wishes to learn how. I hope she does too.
Patty said…
Hi Angela,
Although I do know how to weave, I really don't enjoy setting up the loom so don't do much of it.
The weavings in the photos were taken at Homestead Heritage when we were there yesterday
Carole said…
The poem is wonderful, and the pics as well.
Patty I loved this! The weaving is incredibly gorgeous-the pattern is just wonderful. Makes me hope that some day I can make pretty and functional things like this too. But the words of the posting were truly the best.
Anonymous said…
I love this poem too:)It's so beautiful. You have a beautiful collection of poetry. Do you have a favorite book of poetry?
Patty said…
Hi Catherine,
I have lots of poetry books but many of the ones I share on here are from Ideals Magazines. They have such homey, real people kind of poems. More so in the older editions than the newer ones. I have a pretty good collection from the early 1960's
Anonymous said…
I think my mother-n-law may have some of those she found at a garage sale. I never really looked at them, I will have to ask her if I can burrow a couple. Thanks for sharing!

Popular Posts