A Strange Morning

The goats are nervous. I sneezed while out doing chores and the goats both bolted as if lightning struck. Their senses fine tuned, telling them something is coming. There is a strange feeling to this morning.
The pictures from Galveston and Houston show the fury of Ike. We are now just feeling the first outer bands from the storm. A bit of rain and some wind. More to come but by the grace of God it looks as if we will be only nicked by the storm. Emery and I checked the property early this morning for things that might blow around in some wind and made sure the critters had everything they need for the day.
I have plans on spending the day working with my hands, doing a bit of crocheting and working some on my quilt. If we loose electricity, no big deal for us, we have lamps, plenty of ice on hand to keep food safe, and if need be, we could fire up the woodstove and cook a wonderful meal. I think that is part of the freedom of the way we live, we are not so bound to the utilities and a modern way of life. No electricity is no big deal to us.
Steven and Priscilla live up on a hill, where the wind is often wild, there are no wind breaks.
Keep them in your prayers as they are closer to the line of really nasty weather.
To all those in the Houston, Galveston area, you are in my prayers.

Comments

Carole said…
Hi Patty, I just came to see if everything was OK.I thought a lot about all the people living in Texas lately and of course I pray a lot and I didn't quite know where you live so I was a bit worried. I caught up on your blog and the pics of Elizabeth are just gorgeous !!
Marianna said…
I will be thinking of Steven and Priscilla. I'm really worried about the winds we are expected to see this afternoon. My husband's brother is in Houston. He talked to them this morning and they weathered the night without any major problems so that was good news.
Jo Lynn said…
Oh thank God Patty you are only getting the outer bands of Ike. I wasn't sure where you were at in Texas. My cousin and his wife just moved to Texas because of no jobs here in PA but I'm not sure where they are at :( I need to call my aunt to find out. I have been praying all night for everyone in Ike's furious path.

We are getting to the point where we can live without utilities. I am starting to collect oil lamps and would love to get a wood stove to cook on. We have one now for heat.

Be safe and many prayers for you and your family.

Jo Lynn

Popular Posts