Counting My Blessings, One By One

Monday mornings seem to be a good time for me to think about the blessings in my life. As I go about my chores, there is a sense of getting back to business after the weekend and more time for counting those blessings that pile up so quickly in my life.
My list for today...

For God, never changing, and always patient with me.

For hope, hope is such a neglected blessing. We can all have it, and we can all develop it to greater heights and Hope changes how we perceive life in general. We so often forget to be grateful for it or see it for its true value .

For love, ahh love is such a blessing, to give it away as well as receive it.

For Emery, what a blessing to be married to such a godly man, whose whole life is centered around being a good man, good husband and good father and grandfather. 30 years of happiness and still counting !

For my children and their spouses and their children. Blessings each one.
For the love they show to Emery and I and their care and concern for us.

For our life on this tiny homestead, its simplicity and the order it brings to our lives

For good health, strong bodies, energy and that we never did the things that can rob a body of good health.

For singing birds right outside my window.

For cooler temperatures heading our way.

For the color of the sunrise this morning, such a bright orange.

For peace of mind and contentment.

For friends and extended family that enrich my life.

For knowing what purity of heart and mind looks like and sounds like and seeing its value.

For being able to find joy all around me.

For feeling cared for.

For our garden and its bounty

And For so much more,



Comments

Julian said…
beautiful. So simple, yet so profound. Counting ones blessings takes the eyes off ourselves and puts it on Him. Thanks for the reminder this morning.
Blessings,
Christina
Anonymous said…
Such an uplifting post! :):):) A Breath of Fresh Air. :):):) Have a wonderful day! Blessings, Stephanie
Never Settle said…
Having a small farm and a room with three walls of windows to fill the room with natural light (reminiscent of a screened in porch on the back side of my grandmother's house many years ago) in which I create- write, draw, crafts, paint, etc. has been my dream for a very long time. I really enjoy your blog because it keeps me reminded of that dream and how beautiful it is to live simply. :o)

God bless you and your family.

Popular Posts