evening time





Emery was weeding the herb garden and I was wandering around with camera in hand. An acorn, green and holding tight to the red oak tree, pine cones tight and not ready to fall, juniper berries, the palest of blues. Kittens who thought the newly delivered wood was a new climbing toy. Flowers still blooming, pecans and black walnuts, green on the trees. Chickens scratching for just one more tasty treat before bed.
I wanted to capture these wonders of the world around me, to refresh my memory that at times seems way too crowded with busy-ness. After a bit, the air all around me was heavy with the scent of mint and lavender from Emery's weeding. I had to put the camera down and join in with this extraordinary scent filled activity. Fingers tenderly reaching between weed and plant, hands full of minty-ness. I must make meadow tea tomorrow and sit in the sun, soaking up the rays and watch the clouds float by.

Comments

The dB family said…
Sounds heavenly! I just may join you in my own backyard and send kind thought your way.

Popular Posts