A Most Pleasant Day



What a pleasant day Emery and I had, well until the car died at a busy intersection and would not start again. The kindly young man behind us, pushed us to safety and then Melanie and Casi came to our rescue. We decided to take the "old" car to church today, and now we are thinking maybe that wasn't the best choice for us : )
Emery and I had not been to the church we used to attend for a long time and today just felt like old home week. Dawn from On A Quest For Plain Living was also at this church today, so I got to meet her in person, which was such a blessing for me and we had the opportunity to enjoy her company during lunch at the ministers house. I am hoping it was not too boring for Dawn at lunch time as much of the conversation consisted of sharing old memories with the minister and his family.
The sermon today was so good, all about family. Full of wisdom. It was such a nice day, except for the car incident !

Comments

Dawn said…
Nope, it wasn't boring at all. :-)
I love hearing stories even if I don't know people or places. It allows my mind to paint a picture. :-)

I plan on posting a blog tomorrow about my expierence today as I am just too exhausted tonight. :-)

I am so glad to have finally met! And I am glad we chose to meet at church. What better place huh? :-)
I do plan on going back and soon. Hopefully for the baptism on the 21st.
I have to take one Sunday at a time as we don't have a schedule or routine yet with hubby's job situation. :-)

I am sorry about your car, but at least you are home.
I took the wrong exit in Cedar Hill and ended up driving 20 minutes out of the way to the rich side of Cedar Hill and Grand Prairie. Eventually I got home. :-)

God Bless You!
Goodnight. :-)
Margo in Maine said…
As always great pics...life has some bumps in the road but the Lord does cause all things to work together for good ......for those of us who love Him and are called according to his purpose....we camped this week and I got some great pictures of God handiwork..so beautiful words cannot describe when we behold it...Maine

Popular Posts