Tonights Sky

Ike just didn't want to visit us today, so he stayed away. A little wind, a little rain and not much else. Melanie and Casi had a small tree limb fall on their roof, just bruising their rain gutters.
For us, there was just not much of anything. We feel very lucky. Tonight's sky looked a bit stormy though. The clouds seem to be travelling in bands, just as you might expect.
We were able to let the chickens out today and the goats were outside the barn waiting to be fed tonight. Just not bad at all.



Comments

Dawn said…
Yeah we had some wind and rain all day but that's it. It just stopped raining about 8 p.m. I think.

Yes I will be in Grandview tomorrow. :-) We had to re rent the rental car for another week so I am taking advantage of it and going out there as much as I can.

Will you be there or no?

God Bless You!
Never Settle said…
I'm glad the storm was kind to you and your home.

My brother lives in Houston and decided to "ride out the storm." Silly man! They are flooded (not inside the home), without city power (has his own generator), and practically alone in the big city (most people evacuated as advised).

Some fear bad weather, but to me it's just a beautiful show of God's awesome power!
Aunt Jenny said…
I'm so glad you and your family weren't effected by Ike.
Have a relaxing rest of the weekend!!
Jan said…
Oh I am so glad Ike stayed away. I've been thinking about you for the last couple of days hoping you would be spared. Jan
Margo in Maine said…
It has been a week since I checked your blog....been so busy...vacation etc...just enjoy so much your pics of scenery...the sky....an the pine...I assume it is one....and your basket with apples at the top...we are in the midst of apple picking here...and they are beautiful....
Sylvia K said…
So glad Ike didn't come for a visit and that you and your family are safe.
Glad to hear you have made it through safe and sound!
Patricia said…
I thought of you when I heard of Ike visiting your way! Glad you all were passed by the worst of it!
Patricia

Popular Posts